Jsonedecker

Ohhhh ahhhh.......

42 posts in this topic

We started working on some nighttime items recently, among many other things, so I thought I would post a quick random screen grab while firing in game at night.

NightFire_WIPOne interesting development thing is how moving to UE4 has been so worth it, but how doing so also takes a lot of time when developing some things. One example is how we pretty much had to completely rebuild how we are doing night vision. The systems engine systems used are so different between UE3 and UE4 the only thing we could move over was the base material. That is actually a good thing though because UE4 allows us to make these systems much more robust and feature rich. It also allows us to make things much easier for modders to add more gear and functionality on top.

The future is definitely bright!

-John

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

personally, hopefully its toggle/customize-able between fun (big ball of fire), medium (smaller ball of fire), harder/ custom use of flash-hiders (sparks only) and tactical/ suppressed (no visible spark)

The cool thing is that because of the way we designed the weapon/character/item customization/attachment system we could allow different flash suppressors that have their own muzzleflash effects associated with them. :)

Not sure how far we want to go with it all though.

Soldier looks a bit blurry for some reason. Aside from that it looks good.

The cool thing is that because of the way we designed the weapon/character/item customization/attachment system we could allow different flash suppressors that have their own muzzleflash effects associated with them. smile.png

Not sure how far we want to go with it all though.

That would be nice. Just nothing over done, like a .50 cal brake for an M4.

Edited by Flogger23m

Yes, it does indeed look blurry. But I assume that's just placeholder graphics.

Btw, new logo? Maybe I haven't been paying attention. I like it. Simple.

The blurryness on the character is a combination of a couple things that will be fixed in the near future.

Hey what happen to the moon, gone make smoke break? dry.png

Edited by Frostwolf

Dem boots got really mud-stained innit!

Dat's one of the dem bugs dat John did gone n' said about.

*ahem*

Known engine bug if I'm not mistaken.

Basically placed decals project onto other, non-related meshes.