Jsonedecker

Bug Tracker

21 posts in this topic

We are setting up and testing a bug tracking system for the upcoming preview builds. Some of you may or may no see a Ground Branch Bug Tracker tab on the forums along the top nest to Calendar. If you happen to be able to get to it we ask that you please not post anything in there just yet. :)

Thanks.

It's there. Wasn't going to post anything just hitting buttons.

"My Issues" button works.

"Start New Issue" give an error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method classes_editor_composite::setLegacyMode() in /home1/blackfoo/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/tracker/sources/classes/post.php on line 437

Holy crap I'm not very observant today. Didn't even notice that up top, and wondered ###### this thread was all about. huh.png

How do you plan to track the bugs John/Kris as many threads tend to go off topic (I'm assuming it will be a post style thread), which will make things harder for you guys to keep an eye on & manage the issues?!

It maybe good to have testing sessions set out by release....

Example:

Alpha v1 - users post threads - sticky is created listing all of the bugs.....BFS then has a single control thread.....addresses issues & starts Alpha v2...user threads can then be deleted.

Alpha v2 - users post threads - sticky is created listing all of the bugs.....BFS then has a single control thread.....addresses issues & starts....xxx...user threads can then be deleted.

etc etc.

Would help keep things tidy & users could review the sticky prior to posting to see if their issue has already been raised. Last thing you guys are going to want to know is 10 x the same problem from differing people, surely ?!

I don't think bug tracking should follow the forum format... it will be a mess just like these forums if it does.

Users can just send bug reports directly to the devs. Whether or not it has been reported before, the devs would surely know. Something like the developer's changelog would be more suitable wherein the reported bugs and the fixes are labelled (numbered) and recorded, under build version/date and optionally categories.

Don't need to enter it in the log if it is already in it.

I don't think bug tracking should follow the forum format... it will be a mess just like these forums if it does.

Users can just send bug reports directly to the devs. Whether or not it has been reported before, the devs would surely know. Something like the developer's changelog would be more suitable wherein the reported bugs and the fixes are labelled (numbered) and recorded, under build version/date and optionally categories.

Don't need to enter it in the log if it is already in it.

Agreed, that will become nuisance when tech demo will be available for everyone but that will not stop by sending to general discussion.

...exactly hence the question guys !

Okay, hit me with the hammer all your time you like bangin.gif

Error messages are about all the Tracker will generate for now, but that's both expected and very slow to fix. The boss is still looking at options to best suit, and an Error Tracker of some kind is the most obvious step. Which one, where it is, how it ties... yeah, well...

or the tracker that A3 uses? Definately not my field of expertise, but there are a lot of options out there for sure. It is however quite neat of it ties directly into the forum, using the same user-account etc. for posting and updating bugs (as long as it has all the required features to work with instead of against the developers) smile.png

Finding a useful tracker isn't the issue. A3 uses Mantis and we may go with that. The issue is what zoog pointed out... tieing it into the existing login mechanism..

Finding a useful tracker isn't the issue. A3 uses Mantis and we may go with that. The issue is what zoog pointed out... tieing it into the existing login mechanism..

So this is Mantis?

http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=18777

If so that does seem easy to use/navigate.

Edited by Flogger23m

I'm looking for someone with any experience re-skinning a Mantis install. If you know how please get in contact with me.