Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FUBAR

wip RS Chalet

34 posts in this topic

just a little look at a good old map

Still alot of work to do, This is in max, have imported to ue4 and got collsions working etc, works a charm, Im making the props in scene and once GB is out ill see if there are any i can use.

chalet1.png

chalet2.png

Edited by FUBAR

Looks like a russian dacha like the one in rainbow six or the one in call of duty.

Looks like Vezirzade's Georgian dacha in the Caucasus, from Rogue Spear missions 6 & 10 (Crystal Arc & Silver Snake).

Yeah, it's the mission from RS, very good one. I love every single map in Rogue Spear. I can't recall when I had this in other games.

Excellent to see a classic in the works, although mixed memories, I sucked at the stealth mission :P

Chalet!!!!! I recognized that map straight off. Someone ported it for Ghost Recon and put a tunnel underground from the outbuilding to the room in the basement. Pretty cool.

CHALET, yip good to see the older players showing there age w00t.gif me included

Dont think ill add anything like that at this stage, but with xtra windows added i think it should still play the same, you just have to be bit more carefull.

Chalet! That was a difficult mission to say the least. Looking forward to more progress and screens.

I don't however envy you on populating the building assets.

just a little look at a good old map

Still alot of work to do, This is in max, have imported to ue4 and got collsions working etc, works a charm, Im making the props in scene and once GB is out ill see if there are any i can use.

chalet1.png

chalet2.png

That is a great map to play on, I like doing terrorist hunt on it. This is a very well done remake from the looks of it!

Update, 90% map made, haven't really started any interior stuff yet, rotating doors i have working sorta but not 100% happy with how they are working, that will be a issue I'll have to sort out.

Biggest thing is i need a texture artiest as im not very good at making high res nice textures pm me if anyone interested, as i don't want to release with default texture crying.gif

Update, 90% map made, haven't really started any interior stuff yet, rotating doors i have working sorta but not 100% happy with how they are working, that will be a issue I'll have to sort out.

Don't worry about doors as you will need to use our anyway. ;)

Wow! I missed this thread! chalet was one of my all time favorites map!

Thank You for putting this together!

Would you mind sharing some of the latest developments. Few pictures if you don't mind? :P

Yeah, I read that and didn't post anything because I thought you'd update us with some pictures.

There is one thing that you will need, the new tunnel that was created between the room behind the door in the garage to the guest house that someone made for GR with their remake. That added a new touch to that map.

OOO CHALET! I loved that mission. I must have played it what, 10 times before getting spotted on the initial approach?

Nice to see your still working hard on this mate.

Was actually just playing the OGR version today!

See, that is what I am talking about. Has that tunnel between the two. I think I said garage, but it is the basement.

i see tunnel, will not be hard at all it add it in and if i do then doors could be random if unlocked/blocked, shold make another twist to it

Are you doing the probs/objects and importing them as such? If I recall, Epic did not recommend using BSP brushes (ie: the map editor, sketchup style) for serious details as it hurts performance. I don't think the brushed objects built within the editor get LOD optimization, I think it also has to do with the drawcalls as an object placed multiple times only gets called once where the brush placed multiple times gets called everytime.

May have changed. Last time I played with the maps in UE4 was quite a lot of releases ago.

Edited by Kael