Jsonedecker

New wallpaper

We have a new wallpaper available courtesy of DetCord, a friend of BFS. Feel free to download, use, pass around or whatever you feel like. :)

Enjoy!

[caption id=attachment_1826" align="aligncenter" width="400]1920x1200 1920x1200[/caption]

[caption id=attachment_1825" align="aligncenter" width="444]1920x1080 1920x1080[/caption]

[caption id=attachment_1824" align="aligncenter" width="400]1680x1050 1680x1050[/caption]

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Yeah it does come off as a flight helmet at first glance.

And before anyone trys to make an issue of where the image came from.... Yes we licensed the photo legally from an online image repository. ;)

underfox   

w00t.gif Great job Det

I like it .... Still I have critics about a few things that bother me in the pictures tomato.gif

Am I allowed to speak or should I keep quiet for ever and ever? secret.gif

Edited by underfox

Kirq   

Great job, DetCord :thumbsup:

At first glance it reminded me of Sky Gods, then I did a double take and realize that it's not a flight helmet.

+1

Good work. I like the font.

I wonder though, why were Nr.1 and Nr.3 not cut off at the right side where's space, but instead the pictures clinched to fit another aspect ratio?

DetCord   

Nice job, Detcord. Is that you in the photo, all gussied up?

No, that's an actor.

I actually sent John the wrong versions for 1920x1200 and 1650x1050. Here are the correct images. John, feel free to update.

1920x1200

auq96u6l.png

1650x1050

Khkna1hl.png

Colin   

My faith in your talent seems to be delivered, amazing job to you and John.

My wish is for you to excel in what you do best.

DetCord   

If you don't like it V2, feel free to contact the individual that was involved in the decision making process.

Can't please anyone these days without them bitching and moaning about it.

jwp1223   

If you don't like it V2, feel free to contact the individual that was involved in the decision making process.

Can't please anyone these days without them bitching and moaning about it.

+5000

Good Job Det

Don't get me wrong Det I like it, it just reminded me of all the other shooters is all. No hate, honest.

The GB guy looks real though, compared to the other three fake guys. Thin and does not make an effort to display his weapon for instance =).

underfox   

I hope it won't be taken the wrong way. I wanted to give feedback sooner but I hesitated because I know it is free work you did and some time you might think that we are not gratefull by criticising your work.... Trust me this is not the case.

You did an excelent job with this, and I think you know we are not BSing you here. I merely want to give you some feedback on what I think ( and that's my opinion ofc ) could be enhanced.

groundbranch_zps551128ee.jpg

Groundbranch_zps207681e0.gif?t=1401480836

Great work nonetheless

Edited by underfox

DetCord   

I really don't even know why I respond...

1) His eyes are the way they are because he's an actor, not a 'character'.

2) Again, as in reference to his eyes, he's an actor. Altering his body shape is just... weird. And it looks bad.

3) There is no Bokeh DoF applied to the image. It's diffused in relation to the OSL.

4) The font is the official Ground Branch font. Nuff said.

5) The Sun is not setting. In fact, there is not Sun. The photo was taken on a set with the B/G image superimposed via GS with offset lighting.

As far as criticism goes, that was off the wall.