Jeza

Rainbow Six: Siege (PC/XB1/PS4)

837 posts in this topic

Siege started off interesting enough but damn for being elite of the elite those guys couldnt buy a shot.. (granted it makes for a less exciting debut video)..

still looks more enjoyable than anything division related.

That actually looks a bit like Rainbow Six. What is going on here, I'm confused.

Not too bad R6, but not 100% convinced.

Liked the destruction.

I wonder what John thinks about this reveal.

Edited by Down8

Loved the animations and all the details so far - obviously they were missing on purpose to make it look "action-y". Maybe Raven Shield would have looked a lot like Siege, if they had the technical possibilites back then?

Also like how you have to improvise during the mission and create your ways.

Looking forward to seeing singleplayer - cudos to Ubisoft..didn't see that one coming - but still not out of the woods. ;-)

dude, it's ubisoft, why are you guys acting like there's any chance of it being decent or remotely resembling the r6 we know and love?and since when did rainbow six handle police operations now?

Edited by 213

As a console only gamer its about the only "tactical" option in the near future...

unless sony decides to release a Socom collection to match the master chief collection...

I havent gone next gen. yet...the delay of batman made the wait easier..

Was irritated I didnt realize it was a rainbow game as soon as team Raven and team Rogue showed up on the screen.

also, all that wall breaking, they couldn't just blow a hole through the wall and leave the house.

verticle slice, illogical, scripted up the ying yang. typical ubisoft.

Was not expecting anything Rainbow Six related and it seems like Patriots is scrapped but I was quite impressed with this Pre-Alpha Multiplayer footage, nice 5v5 CQB situation.

Look forward to hearing more about it!

If they don't put a 3rd person cover system I will buy this. But if they put it in like most of the games then nononononono. Third person ruined tom clancy for sooo many :[

and since when did rainbow six handle police operations now?

Hostage Rescue has been in the R6-series for ehm.. a while?

Hostage Rescue has been in the R6-series for ehm.. a while?

in remote locations, having to do with international incidents involving terrorists.

this looks like a typical domestic hostage situation. look at all those police cars. why isn't swat handling it?

This looks just like a prettier Vegas. If this is the competition for GB, I think John and Kris have their work cut out for them. gun2.gif

I have to admit that caught me off-guard. I was ready to hate on it really hard but then I saw some things that were getting remotely close to what I expect from a Rainbow Six game.

Just the fact it's not a third person cover whackamole shooter was enough to surprise me, then it had leaning too... I was confused to say the least lol. I also like the options of creating new entry points on the fly and selecting where you want to spawn in a pretty open map, though the gunshot-holes in the wall felt really excessive.

But then I saw the health regen pop up, and reviving of teammates. Without mod support (and I don't expect there to be any) to take those problems away, I'm still feeling meh about it. Definitely surprised to find that it didn't utterly suck though.

They've said it's going back to it's roots with Critical Hour, Lockdown, Vegas, and Vegas 2. I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

one shot kill is a dated concept, if he's using that as proof of the game's "realism", that's doesn't bode well. and he says those concepts were inspired by dayz and rust. sigh...

i know that article was supposed to be reassuring, but it as the opposite effect. a lot of it was just talking about how he believes there's a market for "hardcore" gaming due to dayz, rust, etc. but he's totally clueless as to what made rainbow six interesting, and it had nothing to do with and i'm paraphrasing here: "the look of horror on the livestreamer's face when he lost his inventory in dayz"

*shake my head*

They've said it's going back to it's roots with Critical Hour, Lockdown, Vegas, and Vegas 2. I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

QFT

Ubisoft is the premier self-involved bull**** artist.

in remote locations, having to do with international incidents involving terrorists.

this looks like a typical domestic hostage situation. look at all those police cars. why isn't swat handling it?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

If it looks like Ubi-Soft, sounds like Ubi-Soft and smells like Ubi-Soft, don't touch it.

The look and feel was quite good (animation, sounds, slow movement), but the scripted gameplay wasn't nice. That Michael Myers tango, seriously?

Going back to its roots would be games in my sig, not that I really disliked vegas ect its just I wish they called it a new IP rather than slapping rainbow six all over it when its nothing like it. R6 and Swat for me were about clearing a room in 5 seconds with minimal fuss and sound, not shooting ###### out of a house with michael bay spunk all over the place.

'Rainbow Six'....Don't know, remains to be seen. It's Ubi Soft after all. But that looks like a lot of fun!

Some of the best gaming moments I have had in recent years has been in Gears of War Horde mode games and this looks to have a similar feel to it for me.

It actually has a few concepts in it that I have been developing for a GB game mode. :)

You all seem to receive it much better than I did. I really do think it looks extremely scripted, forgiving and not very tactical (especially from a realism sense). Posted on another forum:

Honestly it looks terrible. Very dumbed down with loads of gadgets and gameplay gimmicks. There is really nothing tactical nor realistic about it. This is just some visual fluff thrown over a Battlefield/CoD style game.

The old games (R6, RS and RvS) were about getting things timed right with harsh penalties. This seems like more of the same crap we get from every other shooter. Move to an area and preform a pre-set action (or they give you an option). Linearly move throughout a map. Bad gun play that is very forgiving. Reviving a hostage? Seriously? rolleyes.gif

When they can make enemy AI teams breach, clear and check every corner (like the friendly AI in SWAT 4 can do) by themselves I will be impressed. Enemies do not always stand around in a room waiting to be blown away; they often fight back in the real world. That would be moving the genre forward. How about more detailed body armor and round modelling taking into account barrel length for each weapon? That would make sense for a so called tactical shooter. Instead, they waste time making bullets blow absurdly large holes through walls.

I am not surprised one bit though. Ubisoft simply doesn't desire to make a game like the original R6/GR games. That being said, that looks like pre-rendered gameplay (or heavily scripted) and the voice overs sound very... awkward.