Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan

Unreal Engine 4 Question

10 posts in this topic

I have been wanting to check out UE4 and see if I can actually work with it as I have previous ue3. However I know they are charging a $19.00 subscription fee every month if you want the updates. My question is, is the program free for download? or will they want 19$ right away after download & installation? or say I download the program and a month passes will I be locked into paying it when the month ends?

Edited by Jonathan

You will need to sign up and pay right away. You will be charged $19.99 for the first month, then if you cancel you won't be charged anymore. But, the editor will still work just fine forever.

So to try it out you would sign up and get charged the $19.99 then you can cancel the next day and you will have the editor as you downloaded it forever. You can also subscribe at any time in the future to get an up to date build as well. So really, you could subscribe every 4 months and get to use the latest and greatest game engine for $60 a year! That's the cost of 1 full priced game......Pretty good deal. :)

Will payment automatically come out of my account for next month? or will I have to confirm every month?

It will come next month. When you open your account you can see what day it will be charged. If you want to pause your subscription don't skip that date.