Sign in to follow this  
Tarbel

Ground Branch suggestion thread

First, I have to say I'm really pumped for this game and I think all those realistic details will make the difference for it to be undisputed, the most realistic tactical shooter. Just to say, from the few videos of it's details and your team's dedication, I certainly would buy it even just to try it out if its not too pricey (I understand the financial burden but nudge).

Now, I didn't see particularly any GB suggestion threads, so maybe you're not accepting suggestions ...but I'd still like to make them. And to those reading with ideas I encourage you to make your suggestions on this thread if you'd like.

So in this thread, I just want to put out my thoughts and ideas on some features the game should have, no doubt some of which are already planned but not implemented yet, but some which I hope may improve the game in ways not thought of. I might put more ideas later on or expand on old ones I come up with them if they are especially intriguing.

Well on with it(ideas and short summary on meaning):

Blinking- something I find most shooters lack, and can really be a gameplay changer as it does in real life. Especially with smoke, flashbangs, gunshots, richochets, and explosions, just to name a few.

Walking, jogging, running, sprinting- these are all different ways to traverse distances and greatly affect the player and is of course available options in real life. Sometimes you are taking fire and need to do a dying sprint for cover, but stuck with the same lightly stressing run at the same pace. On the other hand you can walk and shoot but rarely can you jog or run in a game and hip fire. It could be wildly inaccurate but taking fire is and should be a very intimidating event regardless.

Goggles- debris, smoke, blinking, should be self explanatory.

Sunglasses- if you so choose in a sunny sandy map

Close quarters combat- I believe it's a very effective option when you are stuck holding a big gun in the tight areas. I mean sure it is almost never as effective as using your sidearm, but it certainly can be a faster alternative if you bump into an enemy holding a long rifle. Also, as in CQC, you have a choice between using your fist or the butt of your gun, or even your foot, and of course the knife.

Tackling bumping physics- it's only sensical that if you sprint directly into a body or headfirst at a wall that you get hurt or get stunned for a bit.

Dead body physics- I think it would be very interesting and realistic to be able to use meat shields, but of course a person can sometimes trip over one or bump heads when crawling at one.

Helmets- they sometimes work, but are best at stopping normal physical blows, but even then not too effectively.

Immense gun customizability- for instance a slide fire buttstock.

Startup time and slow down time- it's not normal for someone to be able to run one second stop one second run one second stop one second smoothly and at the same pace each time. A person always needs a bit of time to let inertia pass.

Holophonics or binaural sounds- this makes a sound particularly realistic because it simulates the human head and how it hears sound depending on the distance and direction of it. You could actually be able to pin point reliably what direction a shot was fired.

Of course these suggestions do not take into account the amount of work needed to implement and may undermine the great work already put into the project, and of course I do not wish for it if felt that way. I'm just glad to have found such a game and studio so dedicated to realism. Thanks for all the work you've put into the game and good luck!

First, I have to say I'm really pumped for this game and I think all those realistic details will make the difference for it to be undisputed, the most realistic tactical shooter.

I could start that dispute easily by throwing out Arma2 + ACE and ACRE. Nothing against GB, but except for the clumsy CQB part modded Arma2 is hard to beat concerning realism. And for the future Arma3 might easily reach a similar standard, with better CQB.

Now, I didn't see particularly any GB suggestion threads, so maybe you're not accepting suggestions ...

Hmm, I see suggestions in every other thread here ;)

Close quarters combat- I believe it's a very effective option when you are stuck holding a big gun in the tight areas. I mean sure it is almost never as effective as using your sidearm, but it certainly can be a faster alternative if you bump into an enemy holding a long rifle. Also, as in CQC, you have a choice between using your fist or the butt of your gun, or even your foot, and of course the knife.

What you mean is called hand-to-hand combat. Close quarters battle means combat in confined spaces in general, and that can easly involve marksman shots at 800 meters.

Anyway I agree that nicely made hand-to-hand options would be useful, but they are extremely hard to implement in the right way.

Hello and welcome to the forums! bye1.gifwelcome.gif

Tarbel, I believe you are looking in the wrong subforum. Like, if you're looking for sea creatures, you likely wouldn't find any if you're looking for them in the skies, would you? smile.png This subforum (where this thread is posted) is mainly for feedback for the websites. If you're looking for sugguestions for the game itself you'd find no shortage of them in the game's subforum (linked here). I've gone through your list and all of your suggestions (yes, ALL of them as in every single one including the blinking issue) have been put forward and/or discussed. We may use different terms but the same ideas and principles are there (for example, I don't call it "bumping physics", but that topic has definitely been discussed before). You just have to take some time to get acquainted with how the Search function works.