Jsonedecker

Team Rooms

I know we seem to be going slow (We are smile.png ), but I thought I'd show something I've been working on lately..... Ground Branch will use the concept of a 'Team Room' as a place to start the game from. It is here where you will customize your gear, set up missions, receive and go over intel as well as hang out with teammates before, during and after MP and co-op missions. There will also be oppurtunities to customize your Team Room as well.

One part of your Team Room is the Operations Room that is shown here. This is where the Intel/Mission magic happens and every one of these monitors/screens will be interactive for various purposes. This is a clean unaltered screen grab from the editor and I'm sure you can get an idea of what some things do just by looking around. wink.png

TeamRoom_01-450x246.jpg

We are using an HTML/Javascript based UI system for the interactive screens so there are some really unique possibilities we are exploring.

We know the pace is slow... much slower than we would like, but we are still here and still committed to Ground Branch!

-John

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Jeza   

Oh my!

Bit taken aback with this, fantastic. And take your time chaps Im not sure too many people will mind considering the quality of the stuff above.

Edit: So during ops someone can relay info from the team room using realtime images from the screens and/also say player dies goes back there? ( of course noted off in the future when this would be implemented) - might there even be a door somewhere out of the team room into the armory?

Edited by Jeza

Bota:16   

Sounds great. What can be done in it as far as intel is concerned? You mention that you are using HTML/Javascript base for it, does that mean that custom mission makers would need to know those in order to utilize the Team Room?

Is that a SINCGARS in the far right corner?!

It is. I still need to make more comms equipment though. Made one configuration and am using it anywhere I need to for the moment.

Sounds great. What can be done in it as far as intel is concerned? You mention that you are using HTML/Javascript base for it, does that mean that custom mission makers would need to know those in order to utilize the Team Room?

In this particular room you will be able to get world news/intel and look through that to keep tabs on whats going on in potential hot spots(SP/Co-Op) as well as select and plan missions. The team feeds may be used for you to see other team's on missions(not sure). It is also where you will go when you die in a MP/Co-Op mission while you wait for it to complete. There are a couple other areas as well, but I don't want to give it all away. :)

Very impressive John! clapping.gifNow I see what you wanted that graphic for!

Thanks. That screen will evolve and be very important for the SP/Co-Op parts of Ground Branch. :)

Again, John shows why some consider him the master of level design. Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

I like the looks of it and the fact that those monitors will be utile instead of having just placeholder images.

Another cool thing that will be hooked up eventually... Kris?!... is the world clock will be accurate based off your local time. So it will read your system time for 'local' and adjust the rest from there.

I like to add little details like that to maps where I can.

Ick   

Ledaneck sent me a PM. He wants me to suggest you also add a "Tea Room".

I bet he lifts his pinkie when he drinks his tea.

DetCord   

It is. I still need to make more comms equipment though. Made one configuration and am using it anywhere I need to for the moment.

I'd toss a Iridium or Qualcomm SP in there somewhere. Your radio looks like a PRC-150, which is one of the radios we're using now so that's excellent attention to detail right there. A PRC-148 would really go well in the Team Room as well as on the player.

BTH   

Great job, though it's too neat for my taste. I would've preferred a different look. More like a safehouse, or a restricted area within an FOB. It would imply all that high-tec equipment is always on the move for a specific mission. It would feel a bit strange to gear up at Langley and then appear in-game in Chad.

The equipment in the room looks great! I love that old school phone, and that Harris looks great!

DetCord   

Great job, though it's too neat for my taste. I would've preferred a different look. More like a safehouse, or a restricted area within an FOB. It would imply all that high-tec equipment is always on the move for a specific mission. It would feel a bit strange to gear up at Langley and then appear in-game in Chad.

The equipment in the room looks great! I love that old school phone, and that Harris looks great!

It's supposed to resemble a TOC/TAC so I think it's spot on.

It's supposed to resemble a TOC/TAC so I think it's spot on.

I was also expecting something busier?/messier?/grittier? like the HQ in Inside Combat Rescue or Lone Survivor (that movie, yes). But what do I know.

Regardless, I'm more than happy seeing an archaic wish that is not only coming true, but in fact, shaping up to be way better than expected!

underfox   

I was also expecting something busier?/messier?/grittier? like the HQ in Inside Combat Rescue or Lone Survivor (that movie, yes). But what do I know.

Regardless, I'm more than happy seeing an archaic wish that is not only coming true, but in fact, shaping up to be way better than expected!

I'm pretty sure it's a WIP and more assets will be added to the environment. John even said that he needed to make more com equipment.