Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan

My own personal guide to the forums

8 posts in this topic

My own personal guide to the forums

This is for all the newbies that come here to the forums.

I guess some people just think & know that if BFS was properly funded they would get the game in their hands sooner than later rather than have to wait for something at a snails pace which is happening now.

I have the utmost respect for John & Kris that have both put their time and personal money to help the game move along at the pace it's at right now. Yes at a snails pace but still they are working on it!

This is why people keep begging for another KS or some other good way to fund. Some people may claim It just isn't fair to those who have ADHD or OCD for that matter. (I am one of the ones with OCD btw) but I can speak for you all and say we have to learn to be patient and not keep on asking things like "When is another update coming out?". We have to learn to live with it.

I bet every time John reads a post with a title like "When is another update coming out?" he probably cringes and probably makes him depressed.

Think about this... How would you like to be hounded every week/month for something to come out that takes your away your personal family time? but you neither have the proper resources like funding to help along but have a lot of pressure to say something positive rather than negative when in fact there are negative issues. Put yourself in their shoes and think.

BFS needs a break! So don't keep asking for things. It will come out when it's ready and as John has said before when they have something new to show they will show it.

The main moral is to be calm & patient. As the saying goes "Good things come to those who wait" I know for a fact when they finally release this game it will taste sweeter than honey!

I just figured I would put my two cents out there & hopefully it will help some people along the way understand a few things.

Edited by Jonathan

I hate to be a kicker,

I always long for peace,

But the wheel that does the squeaking,

Is the one that gets the grease.

"The Kicker" (c. 1870)

-By Josh Billings

I hate to be a kicker,

I always long for peace,

But the wheel that does the squeaking,

Is the one that gets the grease.

"The Kicker" (c. 1870)

-By Josh Billings

ohkkQUO.gif

Perhaps this is the other side of the squeaky wheel poem....

"The peg that sticks out... gets pounded."

I dunno were to put it. I just saw the latest YouTube message, and I feel with everyone at Blackfoot studio's

I have worked in software development in the non gaming front and ith all the time spent on a new roduct lost focus on my market activities and lost my job in the end.

I feel with you guys and hope it will turn out in the end. Just hang on. If there is anything I can do just ask. I won't promise to do stuff I'm not good at.....

I'll at least post a link to te Youtube over at the Sparta Gaming community and see if we can get a constructive discussion going.

GRTZ Forrester

p.s.what is wrong with this forum I cannot type fast????