Jsonedecker

New look!

23 posts in this topic

As you can see we have overhauled the site to be a little more streamlined. As we start to move into the next phase of the life of Ground Branch we thought it appropriate to give everything a "fresh coat of paint". We will begin to update the content in the near future as well.

We would like to thank our contributor Zoog for all his hard work!

- John & Kris

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

WoW almost a month after so many things have changed. Really like the new website design. Keep it up can't wait to play this game.

Nice Job Zoog! Although I like it, I have some constructive criticism. It doesn't give you the feeling that the team is active. It's too plain. It needs some eye candy to be more attractive to the future consumer. It needs some fancy fissaz to give people more of a developer working gaming feel to it. Again I am not saying it looks bad, it just looks empty. Please don't hate on me if you disagree with me! If you need some ideas on what it could look like I could design some mock ups as I have a few ideas here.

Just my thoughts about it.

Thanks for reading.

~Jonathan

Edited by Jonathan

I'm not sure if I can spot it, is it about the main site, or the forum? I haven't seen the main site for a long time so I'm not sure what changed and the forum looks the same.

I don't think a white background is a bad thing necessarily, as it gives the website a clean and sharp look. But I agree it could still use some little tweaks in general (I also did some experimenting a few days ago with the background, like grid lines or something). However, we've pushed this current design at this time, as I will be abroad for at least 3 or 4 months from next thursday, so we had to get this out now to prevent major delays. Hopefully, it can evolve where necessary along the way.

Copy that sir! Zoog is there any way I can send u some of the ideas I have mocked up & then u can make a final decision then? If not man I am perfectly cool with that.

Edited by Jonathan

Bon voyage then, zoog. Does it mean you won't be there when GB is released? :P

I prefer the new design more than the previous dirty stone wall style. When you're back you can finish it and give it some nice background.

I wanted something clean and simple for now and really like what is there. As zoog mentioned, we will revise it as we go to add some more excitement though.

Bon voyage then, zoog. Does it mean you won't be there when GB is released? tongue.png.

doh.gif

OPSEC! OPSEC! OPSEC!

Smooth Sailing Zoog thumbsup.gif

I like the new, clean look. It just has a bit too much empty space above/below everything. Make it a bit more compact to save space.

Either way it still looks nice Zoog! Will you be able to check on the forums on your voyage?