Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jsonedecker

Welcome to 2015

56 posts in this topic

If you are still with us, and why wouldn't you be.... welcome to 2015 with BlackFoot Studios! We have a feeling its going to be a really great year around here so we hope you keep hanging on and enjoy the ride. It's going to start  gaining some speed here soon. ;)

John starting working on the official Ground Branch Steam store page today! That is actually a pretty important milestone as it signals the start of moving into more of a public phase for Ground Branch. On that note, we am looking for some professional (either actual experience or work quality) to help out on the graphics side of things for the page. It's going to be important to start off with a professional appearance so I'd like to do it right. If you think you would be able to help for reduced rates or even barter a bit, let us know as soon as you can.

We have also got around to setting up a public bug tracker so people can help out by submitting bugs once the demos are available. That is getting tested out by a private group as I type this.

On the game side of things Kris has been busting ass with getting things stable and features more completely implemented. He has also got the first pass of character and weapon configurations in and working. This includes the ingame UI and saving/loading out actual constructed configs.

On the art side the existing training maps have received one more pass for visuals and some more detailing work. John has also started working on the main demo map that will be used to show off various gameplay features to get people interested in the upcoming Early Access. Sort of a 'try before you buy' for the Early Access. It's a reworked version of the warehouse map that was shown in the UE3 screenshots and videos.

So we hope everyone had a great holiday and safe New Year. It's time to get back to work!

John & Kris

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Any news on the non-Steam early access/demo?

Still working to get it all working and wrapped up. Want to make sure its solid.

<Post removed by me>

Forgot to leave a note last night when I corrected it. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

On the game side of things Kris has been busting ass...

Just realised you snuck that in.

Intended or not? :P

Forgot to leave a note last night when I corrected it. Thanks for the heads up. wink.png

Not a problem John! :)

Still working to get it all working and wrapped up. Want to make sure its solid.

Good to hear. Hopefully there are no more surprises/obstacles this time.

Yes!

That´s what one likes to read after working on some papers, tired and only hours from a little forced march "into" the weekend.

Happy 2015! May it bring many hours of playing Groundbranchfingersx.gif

Wooo! Yay! I completely misread the part about you STARTING to work on the store page though. So i just spended some time searching the website for a store page. xP

well it looks like we might finally get our dirty hands on the game :-)

is ground branch still multiplatform? because mac pro with dual amd graphics card is waiting for some 3d fights with unreal4 engine :)

oh sad still unreal3

http://www.blackfoot...?showtopic=7408

light and geometry is telling me its not unreal4

well it looks like we might finally get our dirty hands on the game :-)

is ground branch still multiplatform? because mac pro with dual amd graphics card is waiting for some 3d fights with unreal4 engine smile.png

oh sad still unreal3

http://www.blackfoot...?showtopic=7408

light and geometry is telling me its not unreal4

It is UE4. I don't think I can say more right now, but there is a caveat to go with it.

We are most certainly using UE4. Its just me doing the art and level/object/lighting work so it isn't going to rock any sexy graphics awards. Once we get some dedicated artists involved the graphics will get better.

They do well enough for now. :)

We are most certainly using UE4. Its just me doing the art and level/object/lighting work so it isn't going to rock any sexy graphics awards. Once we get some dedicated artists involved the graphics will get better.

They do well enough for now. smile.png

I can't wait John! :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0