Jonathan

SWAT 4 Game Download?

Does anyone know where I can digitally download and pay for SWAT 4? I personally want to get the game so I can make recreations of the maps for Ground Branch complete with SWAT BDU's. Is it possible that I would get sued for copyright infringement if I did this? I mean I won't be making a single dollar off of it.

Edited by Jonathan

I was looking for SWAT 4 online as well. it's not on Steam or Origin, not on GOG (you could try voting for it here: http://www.gog.com/w...st/games/swat_4)

personally, I do own the CD of the original SWAT 4 so I feel it's ok for me to have an image of it and run it with Daemon Tools. but I'd love to have a digital copy of SWAT 4 Gold.

Edited by AbsoluteVirtue

NO^

It's not legit. None of them are. No one has the digital distro rights to SWAT 4. They were all pulled following the Vivendi/Acitvision Blizzard merger. I spent quite a lot of time looking for a digital copy after my CD's were lost and came across that site and a few others. They're scams. Trust me, I found out the hard way.

You can make any map you want from any other game if you create it yourself. Straight porting a map from another game would cause some legal issue I think, but not making it from scratch yourself.

I don't want to post anything with piracy but this is why I am here. If you go to this site *snip* you can download the full game. Here is the disclaimer http://www.fullypcga...net/p/dmca.html

Can anyone confirm to me if that is legal and legit to download? I don't believe in piracy. It hurts companies more than anything. Maybe you have to pay after download?

Edited by WhiteKnight77
Piracy rule.

Well, as DetCord says, there is no legal digital distribution for SWAT 4, meaning any website that offers it is illegal. The only option is to get a physical copy, or if that is for any reason impossible (for example if I remember correctly eBay only accepts creditcards which I do not have, and many people in the Netherlands don't because it is simply not used with any kind of regularity in NL), then pirating is your only option. I happen to have a physical copy of the gold edition at home so I pirated a copy for use on my travel laptop.

Well, as DetCord says, there is no legal digital distribution for SWAT 4, meaning any website that offers it is illegal. The only option is to get a physical copy, or if that is for any reason impossible (for example if I remember correctly eBay only accepts creditcards which I do not have, and many people in the Netherlands don't because it is simply not used with any kind of regularity in NL), then pirating is your only option. I happen to have a physical copy of the gold edition at home so I pirated a copy for use on my travel laptop.

You don't have credit cards? What kind of third world backwater is that smile.png

I actually spent AGES trying to get a working copy of SWAT 4 to try and look at some stuff. In the end I think I managed to get a dodgy russian version from somewhere, but decided I didn't trust installing it so instead I just went on youtube and watched someone else play it.

You can learn quite a lot about a game by watching someone else play as it happens smile.png plus you can rewind the video and scrub it.

SWAT 4 apparently had huge amount of licensing issues so its very unlikely to ever be resurrected in its original form, even by the folks at GOG.

I don't want to post anything with piracy but this is why I am here. If you go to this site *snip* you can download the full game. Here is the disclaimer http://www.fullypcga...net/p/dmca.html

Can anyone confirm to me if that is legal and legit to download? I don't believe in piracy. It hurts companies more than anything. Maybe you have to pay after download?

Sorry, that site is definitely NOT legit.

Edited by WhiteKnight77
Piracy rule

Yeah Jonathan, that is a pirate website and I would definitely not download anything from it. The Arabic writing in the header has my spidey senses tingling. Unless the makers of SWAT 4 have stated that there are places that the game could be downloaded from or bought more accurately, then yes, look into them.

@Jonathan

Do you want a physical copy of SWAT 4?

I may have one, I'll trade you for some Tim Hortons? My wife has been craving those lately.

I just have to find it.

@Jonathan

Do you want a physical copy of SWAT 4?

I may have one, I'll trade you for some Tim Hortons? My wife has been craving those lately.

I just have to find it.

Haha Yes! I do want a physical copy of SWAT 4! I will send you some Tim Hortons packed with Dry Ice :)

Haha Yes! I do want a physical copy of SWAT 4! I will send you some Tim Hortons packed with Dry Ice smile.png

okay, let me dig it around...wife wants that Tim Horton for making hot chocolate...not sure why it needs dry ice..but it that tickles your fancies...

Will jump onto making Training from Raven shield once i get hold of it, assuming its not already been done! been using ue4 for a few years at my day job, a fun project like this would be more than welcomed!

Will jump onto making Training from Raven shield once i get hold of it, assuming its not already been done! been using ue4 for a few years at my day job, a fun project like this would be more than welcomed!

What is your day job?

You don't have credit cards? What kind of third world backwater is that smile.png

I actually spent AGES trying to get a working copy of SWAT 4 to try and look at some stuff. In the end I think I managed to get a dodgy russian version from somewhere, but decided I didn't trust installing it so instead I just went on youtube and watched someone else play it.

You can learn quite a lot about a game by watching someone else play as it happens smile.png plus you can rewind the video and scrub it.

SWAT 4 apparently had huge amount of licensing issues so its very unlikely to ever be resurrected in its original form, even by the folks at GOG.

Sorry, that site is definitely NOT legit.

Yes me too no CC but thats down to being too scared to use it in Thailand. This place is way too corrupt to hand your card over to a Hotel receptionist or waiter and a lot of other places.

I had my card copied a year ago like many other people here just a normal over the counter transaction 1 week later I was 2,000 in the hole.

Bot Dets right No. Later down the road with a sneaky update it will stop working.

No idea, was the first thing that popped into my mind, but I've got mine installed via the disc's so I'm good to go, more for the people which don't have that.