Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
V2_Bloodline

Mod repositories

8 posts in this topic

I can see the advantages of Steam Workshop but should not be required, I can't say I've really used it though, I tried with Insurgency and it never seemed to download the map I was after I ended up finding a link for it so, so far my experience has not been positive.

Steam Workshop integration has come up in discussion, but we're not planning on restricting how or where you get mods from.

Personally, I've been happy using Nexus for Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim & XCom mods (woohoo, Long War!) and ModDB for S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Brutal Doom and the like.

Can't recall if I've ever used Steam Workshop...

Usually I do not use the Steam Workshop for mods. But it's quite handy for missions in Arma3: while in-game one can browse the Workshop via Steam-Overlay, select and play interesting user-made missions with just a few simple clicks. Even in MP on a listen server.

Edited by AST_Raptor

I think fansites are a better place for mods. Fansites are a good place to discuss the game, talk modding, other things as well as learn other things about the game or the basis behind the game as well as be a place to get mods.

Yeah fansites are a good bet, hopefully we'll see GBmods.info or GBaholic sometime :D