Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Ubisoft's Hate For PC Gamers

2568202-8600879110-yGCQW.jpg

2568535-capture.png

Why would these need to be in a game? Surely, these can be considered fluff that has no bearing on a game whatsoever and could cause issues even with the // markings that tell the engine to ignore such. What purpose would this information serve to anyone except a developer?

Oh yeah, this Tessa Vilyn tweet.

Why would these need to be in a game? Surely, these can be considered fluff that has no bearing on a game whatsoever and could cause issues even with the // markings that tell the engine to ignore such. What purpose would this information serve to anyone except a developer?

It's simply good style, good practice to write comments in code explaining what's actually going on. Makes it easier to track down bugs or patch/tweak/improve things later. This "who cares" is obviously not exactly helpful, but it doesn't hurt anyone as well. Comments are always completely ignored by the compiler/interpreter.

*facepalm*

they're not talking about the practice of putting comments in the code. something tells me that's besides the point they're actually making.

Well, the voices in my head (and the post I quoted above) actually tell me that WhiteKnight was indeed talking about the practice of putting comments in the code ;)

Well, the voices in my head (and the post I quoted above) actually tell me that WhiteKnight was indeed talking about the practice of putting comments in the code wink.png

Exactly. I already know how Ubi feels about PC gamers (and it isn't good). I wanted to know why they would put all those comments in there when so easily found by those who understand the code. Seeing those extra unneeded comments only cements what we already know about Ubi, especially when one sees ultra dumbed-down version of XXXX for feature or something. Having comments to help with tracking bugs is one thing, the other is not.