WhiteKnight77

Moving Sucks

I am moving to a larger apartment on Wednesday to a bigger apartment from the 2 bedroom apartment I currently live in which is about 900 sq. ft. if I am right (will figure it out after I can measure everything LOL). When I first moved in, I had 2 dressers, 1 water bed, 1 bookcase full of books at that time, 1 entertainment center with a stereo (with 4 speakers) and no TV (the one I had went belly up), 1 rocking chair, a bunch of VCR tapes, dinnerware and cookware and utensils. Fastforward 17 1/2 years and I now have a computer, 4 TVs, 3 laptops and all the requisite internet related components and cables, computer desk, computer parts, tons of clothes, 3 bookcases (I got rid of the homemade one I moved in with that I made back in the 10th grade), DVDs, 500 some odd CDs, the albums I moved in with, model railroad equipment, a Christmas tree (forgot I had that when I moved in), an end table and 2 lamps, about 10 clocks, 42 1:24 scale die cast cars, 2 dozen 1:64 scale die cast cars, a US flag, a 10x10' canopy, 3 grills (one is a smoker) and 45 paving stones, a kitchen cabinet (from IKEA as where as 2 of the bookcases and the 3 CD towers are from and need more of each).

Long story short, I still have packing to do (the 2 TVs in use are mounted to the walls) and no time to finish it. LOL I hope to stay in my new apartment for a long time as I hate moving after moving 20 some times in the past.

Have a great week LMAO an old guy like you moving to a bigger pad, its supposed to be the other way round.

Pics WK Pics I got to see this.

I don't believe in moving. Some may call me a squatter. Semantics I say, but I prefer the term: Free Range Bro.

DetCord - Coming to a dwelling near you.

Get that spot in the corner fired up!

Donate all to Salvation Army, claim as donation.

Start a new, move everything into the cloud...and...and if you think I will NOT point out the UNNECESSARY waterbed, try again.

Die cast cars?

How old are you again?

Donate all to Salvation Army, claim as donation.

Start a new, move everything into the cloud...and...and if you think I will NOT point out the UNNECESSARY waterbed, try again.

Die cast cars?

How old are you again?

Why would I donate a TV that is barely a year old? I am happy with a 51" 3D TV and the stereo is only a few years old. I just got 2 Blu-Ray DVD players in the last 6 months. I am not getting rid of them. I still have stereo equipment from the 80s.

Can anyone say "hoarder"?seehearspeak.gif

I was surprised he got rid of a lot of his magazines!

Part of the reason, another reason is I want a guest room where people can spend the night and not on a couch. LOL. I got rid of a microwave though, the glass broke when it rolled over when it shouldn't have. doh.gif At least I do not have to buy another one as I have a second one. :whew:

I did keep some special edition ones though as well as autographed race programs.

Of course you did. :rolleyes:

Did you part with any of your 200+ T-shirts? Like some that go back to the 70's? :unsure:

Due to my work Night Scope, I have two sets of pots and pans as well as dishes and utensils. I have, or rather had two microwaves until the glass broke. I either stay in an extended stay hotel or get an apartment where I can cook instead of having to buy fast food all the time.

Zjj, I did get rid of some clothes such as work shirts that didn't fit any more, Some of those shirts from the 70s are concert shirts that just do not fit anymore. I even took stuff to the recycling dump to get rid of electronic that were not needed anymore such as remotes, computers and other stuff. I ws gonna drop of the broken microwave but forgot.

Last time I moved house we filled 2 skipbins with assorted crap that had accumulated over the years, including stuff that had been boxed up in the wife's divorce 10 years prior and hadn't seen the light of day since.

5 years later in the new house and we once again require a skip to get rid of assorted crap...some that got boxed up in the last move and has since resided out in the garage.

icon_redface.gifdoh.gif

Due to my work Night Scope, I have two sets of pots and pans as well as dishes and utensils. I have, or rather had two microwaves until the glass broke. I either stay in an extended stay hotel or get an apartment where I can cook instead of having to buy fast food all the time.

Zjj, I did get rid of some clothes such as work shirts that didn't fit any more, Some of those shirts from the 70s are concert shirts that just do not fit anymore. I even took stuff to the recycling dump to get rid of electronic that were not needed anymore such as remotes, computers and other stuff. I ws gonna drop of the broken microwave but forgot.

speaking of T-Shirts