Sign in to follow this  
OverVolts

Single Player Terrorist Hunt crash error on loading

Since I reinstalled I keep getting an error that crashes game in a few seconds on loading a single player terrorist hunt map. I can only play depot map just fine, but small town, and tanker crash with this error.  The error message is:

------

Fatal error:

[File:e:\GroundBranchDev\GBEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp][Line:181]

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

I am using Windows 10 x64 Home

Geforce GTX 1070 driver 382.53

------

This is associated error by Windows Event Viewer logs:

-----

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404600=0x80000001

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

------

How can I fix this error on small town and tanker maps?

1 hour ago, OverVolts said:

Since I reinstalled I keep getting an error that crashes game in a few seconds on loading a single player terrorist hunt map. I can only play depot map just fine, but small town, and tanker crash with this error.  The error message is:

------

Fatal error:

[File:e:\GroundBranchDev\GBEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp][Line:181]

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

I am using Windows 10 x64 Home

Geforce GTX 1070 driver 382.53

------

This is associated error by Windows Event Viewer logs:

-----

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404600=0x80000001

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

------

How can I fix this error on small town and tanker maps?

First of all welcome to the forums! :D

Have you tried uninstalling and then deleting all the files in the Ground Branch "Documents" folder? It's located in "My Documents" do that then try reinstalling. Perhaps try updating your drivers to the latest if you haven't already or try rolling them back as well and see if any of this helps.

There are known issues with some people being unable to play small town and tanker which the dev team is aware. Although, I don't know of anyone that has issues with both maps; typically, its one or the other. For example I cant play small town due to the D3D rendering issue you show above but have no issues with Tanker.

It's a bug with unreal engine 4 , john researched it for me and it's on there bug list to be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deleted the ground branch folder in my documents, uninstalled threw steam and reinstalled and launched game with default settings and your right Oil Tanker is working, it is only the Small Town map. I tried launching all the other test maps one by one and problem is specific only to Small Town map. Have to wait for next patch or hotfix and by the way, I haven't played since end of last year and just reinstalled and notice FPS performance is a lot better and the movement and animations are a lot smoother, and inventory system is much better and can pick up a dropped weapon off ground. Glad to see the progress and good job! 

These are known issues that some people have and others don't, but we believe we have a fix and will be testing it out very soon.

Overvolts

I was having crashing issue too, for me it was drivers 382.53 same as yours are

I rolled back 382.05, no issues at all,

I'm running

Windows 10 x64 Pro, version 1703

Geforce GTX 1080Ti

@FUBAR Thanks for heads up.

I haven't updated drivers in a while.
Probably explains why everything is fine for me.