Music

Music on - yes/no?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Music preference

• Yes - On, all the time
    • Yes - On, but only in the lobby
    • No - Off, all the time

ZJJ   

Need to think more positively, John. Bill is going to be wanting to pay YOU to be a part of your game. B)

Bill Brown's musical scores for R6 especially lent an air to suspense in the game. He would be well worth the price to have hims score the music for any game. I did like the GR music, there was not enough of it at the right time during the game like it was in R6.

I always deactivate music in games, because I find it is the wrong place there, but an "ambient sound", that increases tension and atmosphere, like Rogue Spear did it in an absolutely excellent way, is a very very good thing.

So yes, Bill Brown.

Xeno   

I always deactivate music in games, because I find it is the wrong place there, but an "ambient sound", that increases tension and atmosphere, like Rogue Spear did it in an absolutely excellent way, is a very very good thing.

So yes, Bill Brown.

Bill brown always made great intro music. Perfect mix of hip yet miltary sense of urgency and honor.

Ermac   

So yes, Bill Brown.

Bill brown always made great intro music. Perfect mix of hip yet miltary sense of urgency and honor.

Yeah it did, it always felt good after beating a hard mission then having this great victory music playing.

Hearing the R6 and GR score were the (so far) only times I've ever wished for a dedicated soundtrack for a game (with longer versions of the music, that is). I actually used to put my R6 CD in the drive and just listen to the score while using the word processor.

The thing is, if it isn't up to that standard, I really don't care. I'd settle for anything from a "decomposing composer" (obscure Monty Python hint :jeswink: ) made by whomever with some of that freeware music software (which I assume exists).

Respectfully

krise madsen

Hacksaww   

I like Bill Brown's scores from the Clancy games, but I don't think it's absolutely essential for it to be in this project. In fact, I think it'd be neat to have actual music that the operators would listen to for the menu's and such- some sort of rock preferably. Actually, that brings about a good question: What kind of music do SF guys listen to if at all (Hatchet)?

Ruin   

Actually, I will be doing the music. The opening theme will be "Dueling Banjos" :P

Hans Zimmer would be amazing, he also did great work for "The Power of One" which was awesome. But, I'm sure he makes what Bill Brown wants look like pocket change. Heck, get John Williams while we're at it ;)