BFS Banner

• Please log in to reply

Introducing BlackFoot's first title.........

Started by Jsonedecker, Jul 12 2007 09:54 AM

#281 toukairin

toukairin

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

View PostJsonedecker, on Jul 12 2007, 10:54 PM, said:

BlackFoot Studios is proud to announce to it's loyal and growing community.........

Ground Branch

<div align="center"></div>

Ground Branch Synopsis  

Ground Branch is the premiere title from Blackfoot Studios. The term Ground Branch is a little known Military and Intelligence reference phrase for the paramilitary wing of the CIA. Ground Branch is composed of a Command that oversees operational teams which conduct military and intelligence actions in support of the goals specified by the National Command Authority.

These teams are not constrained by the law of land warfare that applies to military units. They operate under the radar and outside public knowledge, often conducting operations in conjunction with Special Operations Forces. Their members are drawn from the best former SOF operators from around the world including US Army Special Forces, British SAS, Australian SAS, Navy SEALs, Delta Force, and GSG9 just to name a few.

Ground Branch often operates in an area where there is no official or allowed military presence and utilizes the most advanced weaponry, intelligence and support mechanisms.

The story in Ground Branch opens with the expanding Chinese oil companies backing a guerrilla leader in Sumatra. The goal is the over throw of the West Sumatran government in order to allow China easier access to the massive oil strata discovered to the west of the country in Sumatran waters. Loss of communication with an advance Intel gathering team along with Guerrilla seizure of oil platforms and a bold move toward the capital of West Sumatra result in the CIA deployment of a Ground Branch 6 man team to gather intelligence and assess the situation in preparation for possible US Military intervention.

The Ground Branch Team enters the fray and the player begins a whirlwind experience where the battlefield evolves and the morality of right and wrong become a matter of choice. The gamer will chase a warlord and an elusive truth across a country while employing advanced techniques such as covert underwater scuba operations and high altitude parachuting techniques known as HALO to surprise a vastly superior enemy.

The basis for the Ground Branch game experience is, like everything else in the title, realism. There are legions of FPS fans that are constantly saying, ?I wish there was a game where I could do such and such just like the real world.? With Ground Branch, they will. All the while getting their hands "dirty" and experiencing the visceral consequences of hard decisions made during desperate situations.

A game specific site will be online within a few weeks.

hi, I'm from Indonesia.

If I may, i'd like to give some comments to add some realism for the game.

The background, Sumatra, is one of the major islands in the state of Indonesia (Republic of Indonesia), located in the South East Asia.

I've asked my petroleum engineering friend, he said there's no major oil resource in West Sumatra. The oil resource (in which Exxon operated there) is located in Aceh, on the westernmost tip of the island.

The Aceh has been a place plagued by insurgents in the past. In the 80s up until 1998, when the repressive New Order regime under President Suharto decided Aceh is a Military Operation Territory (Daerah Operasi Militer/DOM), that's when things get hot real quick. The Aceh Freedom Movement (Gerakan Aceh Merdeka/GAM) gained momentum and started many attack on the Indonesian military in the region. It costs many lives, either from the military, the rebels, and civilian populations.

This insurgency ended after the Acehnese people signed a peace accord and MoU in 2005, after the Tsunami disaster at the end of 2004 struck Aceh and killed 100'000 people there. The current governor there is a former rebel, elected in a free local election.

So if you want to put a little bit realism+twist in the game, I suggest that you would set the game in Aceh instead of West Sumatra (no oil there!), maybe placing a new twist like a new rebel movement, set up by the Chinese to take over the oil control there, currently exploited by Exxon Mobil.

Just my 2 cents.

#282 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,710 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

Welcome Aboard toukairin
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#283 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

View Posttoukairin, on Jan 10 2009, 09:33 AM, said:

hi, I'm from Indonesia.

The background, Sumatra, is one of the major islands in the state of Indonesia (Republic of Indonesia), located in the South East Asia.

I've asked my petroleum engineering friend, he said there's no major oil resource in West Sumatra. The oil resource (in which Exxon operated there) is located in Aceh, on the westernmost tip of the island.

The Aceh has been a place plagued by insurgents in the past. In the 80s up until 1998, when the repressive New Order regime under President Suharto decided Aceh is a Military Operation Territory (Daerah Operasi Militer/DOM), that's when things get hot real quick. The Aceh Freedom Movement (Gerakan Aceh Merdeka/GAM) gained momentum and started many attack on the Indonesian military in the region. It costs many lives, either from the military, the rebels, and civilian populations.

This insurgency ended after the Acehnese people signed a peace accord and MoU in 2005, after the Tsunami disaster at the end of 2004 struck Aceh and killed 100'000 people there. The current governor there is a former rebel, elected in a free local election.

So if you want to put a little bit realism+twist in the game, I suggest that you would set the game in Aceh instead of West Sumatra (no oil there!), maybe placing a new twist like a new rebel movement, set up by the Chinese to take over the oil control there, currently exploited by Exxon Mobil.

Just my 2 cents.

One of the great thing about this type of game is the story. While in reality, there may not be oil in West Sumatra, in a game, it certainly can be plausible that it is there. Still, if needed, the story could be tied into Aceh with a mission up that way to the northwestern end of the island. John and company are very receptives to ideas even if it does not make it into the game, it could be something featured in an expansion pack or as an additional mission download later, if he so chooses to take the game that way.

Welcome to the forums.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#284 toukairin

toukairin

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

thx for the reply, sorry i haven't introduced myself properly first :P

I have some colleague in the Indonesian Army, if you really want to know how they fought their war in the jungle from their point of view, I'll try to ask them... And also one of my friend is an Acehnese, she knew first hand how they live in the war situation, how both corrupt Indonesian Army soldiers and rebels extorted the civilian population, etc.

If you really want to know, just tell me :D

oh, and if you want to have a screenshot of a typical Sumatra house and settings, I'll try to ask my friends to ask their relatives to take photo shots there... or maybe you could just google 'em :P

#285 3rdmillhouse

3rdmillhouse

Ranger School Dropout

• Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

View Posttoukairin, on Jan 10 2009, 11:33 AM, said:

hi, I'm from Indonesia.

Just my 2 cents.
It would certainly provide some interesting historical backdrop for some future expansion pack.

#286 TheRusski

TheRusski

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hey everyone, just registered on the site. I found it through a youtube video of Rainbow Six Rogue Spear. I've got to say it's exciting finding this community, I didn't think such a large amount of old-school tactical gamers existed in one place.

I come from a long line of tactical gaming, pretty much everything in the Tom Clancy Franchise (even read the majority of his books), Armed Assault, Operation Flashpoint, and Americas Army. I have to say I'm very reminiscent of the old Rainbows and GRs on the PC. I have both a high-end PC and Xbox 360.

When I learned the Ground Branch was being developed by a Redstorm former... I was sold. Very excited to see some more content, the concept is great, lots of potential.

#287 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

Welcome aboard  :cheers:
Posted Image

#288 SiC-Disaster

SiC-Disaster

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:25 AM

Welcome guys :)

#289 BrioCyrain

BrioCyrain

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

Some things I would like in a good tactical shooter.

1st: Your Squad/team mates act like real people and not random soldiers that are "just there".

2nd: Realistic weapon effects like recoil, the gun moving while firing, realistic "flashing" when you shoot.

3rd: Realistic looking characters like those seen in the Cry Engine 3/Bad Company 2. Realistic looking textures on uniform and such.

4th: A simple yet in-depth squad command system instead of just the simple "attack", "go here", "defend" kind of stuff.

5th: Online multiplayer co-op.

6th: Cover system similar to Uncharted 2 and in the new UE3 builds.

7th: Non-cliche story please!(I had enough games about drug cartels, I know they are real military threats...but games like Delta Force have done drug cartels TO DEATH!). If anything go with the terrorist/rebellion, or some kind of plot like in the movies where you "stop a war from happening".

8th: destructible environments(depending on what kind of vehicles there are)

9th: The weapons used actually fit the situation/scenario

10th: More info!

my 2 cents
Posted Image

#290 want2snipe

want2snipe

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

Sorry guys, it seems like I stop to say Hi every year or so... I gotta post up more often.  B):

Now, being said that, I have tried to look for a thread where I can find out if the game is out, if it will be out and when... sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.  :blink:

All of the other games that say Tactical are really not tactical at all that I really am jonesing for something that is.

#291 Swedish_Seb

Swedish_Seb

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,219 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

The game is currently unreleased. And no release date is set, not even what quarter or even year.
"With a good iron pipe one strikes the whole world with astonishment."
- Socker-Conny (1961-1989)

Posted Image

#292 bangurdead

bangurdead

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 24 May 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

The game is currently unreleased. And no release date is set, not even what quarter or even year.

To add to what  Seb said Its still an active project.

#293 want2snipe

want2snipe

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 24 May 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

Well, this is very sad indeed... it seems nobody wants to publish a decent game any more... all they want is to cash in on the "gimme, gimme, gimme" kiddies.

View Postbangurdead, on 25 May 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

To add to what  Seb said Its still an active project.
Well, at least the project is still alive... I wish them well and continue to wait patiently

P.D.: Is it just me or you can not Multiquote? I literally had to quote the first one, highlight, copy, hit the back button and then quote the last post to be able to quote both of you guys. I am using Firefox 3.16 btw.

#294 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

View Postwant2snipe, on 25 May 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

P.D.: Is it just me or you can not Multiquote? I literally had to quote the first one, highlight, copy, hit the back button and then quote the last post to be able to quote both of you guys. I am using Firefox 3.16 btw.

It works for me. I'm using Firefox 3.6.13.
Posted Image

#295 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

Just click on the Multiquote buttons of those you want to quote and then click the Add Reply button and they all should be in the editing box for ya.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#296 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

oh thats what it does...lol...dont work for me either
back on topic.
Regards
Nemesis

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

#297 want2snipe

want2snipe

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 25 May 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

Just click on the Multiquote buttons of those you want to quote and then click the Add Reply button and they all should be in the editing box for ya.
LOL... not my first Rodeo WK   B)  :lol:

View PostNemesis, on 26 May 2011 - 12:02 PM, said:

back on topic.
Yep, I tried it again, multiple times and I literally had to reply to WK, copy it, go back and then reply to Nemesis in order to get both quotes to work.

No big deal though, I am not here all that much but it might be something that the forum admins might want to take a look at. Then again, in the grand scheme of things... it is not a big deal   :'(

Edited by want2snipe, 27 May 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#298 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

View PostKirq, on 25 May 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

Hmmmmm Opera 10.53 here.

back on topic.
The buttons work as advertised.

View Postwant2snipe, on 27 May 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yep, I tried it again, multiple times and I literally had to reply to WK, copy it, go back and then reply to Nemesis in order to get both quotes to work.

No big deal though, I am not here all that much but it might be something that the forum admins might want to take a look at. Then again, in the grand scheme of things... it is not a big deal   :'(
Firefox must not like IPB forums or something.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#299 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

Well, this is very sad indeed... it seems nobody wants to publish a decent game any more... all they want is to cash in on the "gimme, gimme, gimme" kiddies.

Well, at least the project is still alive... I wish them well and continue to wait patiently

View PostKirq, on 25 May 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 25 May 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

back on topic.

View Postwant2snipe, on 27 May 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 27 May 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hmmmmm Opera 10.53 here.

The buttons work as advertised.

Firefox must not like IPB forums or something.

working for me on FF4
just a little dizzy reading it though
Posted Image
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users