Started by Cpl Ledanek, Mar 14 2008 07:54 PM

#21 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,697 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

it would have been cool for the costume dept to spend a few more seconds looking up the actual location of the tatoos.....not on the shoulder I recall and not readily visible
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#22 durka-durka

durka-durka

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

I've read up on those tatoos, and apparently in some comics they were there, and others they were in some other place like the wrist maybe, I dunno.  I give them props for staying that close to the source though, compared to some other 80's remakes we've seen last summer that starts with a "T" and ends with a "f-u bay!"  :)  

I didn't expect the costumes to really be THAT close to the originals though!

#23 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,028 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

Channing Tatum?

Couldn't they at least gotten a man?

I'm old school. GI Joe to me will always be the original action figure I had as a kid, in like 1972. The guy with the Kung Fu grip.   :lol:
Posted Image

#24 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, the newer GI Joes that were like 8 inches tall I don't even consider GI Joe. I had the old school 12" ones and the foot lockers to keep them and the small accessories in. My  GI Joes would kick my sister's Ken doll's butt and take Barbie out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#25 durka-durka

durka-durka

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:06 PM

I was of the 80's generation of Joes where all the cool characters came out of.  Those guys were part of the inspiration (along with Top Gun, hehe) that made me want to join the Army.  
About the movie:  Why do people always try to get models to act?  And espically....why do people try to get models to act like SOLDIERS???  I've never met a soldier who could model, but I know some who could act really well.  (You know the ones, that full-of-bs private).  

Anywho, this movie supposedly has $170m budget, 2m more than Transformers.  I wonder if it will show?

#26 mwgfghost

mwgfghost

Ranger School Dropout

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

LMAO at Marlan Wayans playing a main character. That was hilarious. The only guy I knew was the actor playing the U.S. President. And I don't even remember what I've seen him in. I don't know which will come out the bigger bomb at the box office. This or Pearl Harbor. I have been wrong before. I thought Transformers was gonna suck because Michael Bay was making it but it actually turned out pretty decent. Regardless, I'll wait for this to come out on DVD.

#27 Demon_Mustang

Demon_Mustang

Misfire

• PipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

I still thought Transformers wasn't that good, and it is also because of Michael Bay. It received the "Michael Bay Treatment." Think we need to shorten that, they Michael Bayed it, there, that sounds ok, lol.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not." - Anonymous
"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." - William J. Clinton (1998)

#28 durka-durka

durka-durka

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:06 AM

I agree Mustang.  Much of it was ok for a certian type of audience, but many of the things could've been better.  I'd say he "Bayed it up."  ILM, on the other hand, did a fantastic job with what they did work with.

#29 Demon_Mustang

Demon_Mustang

Misfire

• PipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:26 PM

ILM almost ALWAYS does a great job. Those guys are not special effects masters, they use the force...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not." - Anonymous
"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." - William J. Clinton (1998)

#30 MadCelt

MadCelt

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:03 AM

View PostDemon_Mustang, on Mar 22 2008, 05:57 AM, said:

Yah, I think the whole ninja coolness factor ended for me when i got out of elementary. Those pics just look gimmicky to me...

Ninja coolness factor never ends! Especially when the ninja is well done. Where are these Snake Eyes pics coming from anyway?

#31 durka-durka

durka-durka

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

View PostMadCelt, on Apr 3 2008, 01:03 PM, said:

Ninja coolness factor never ends! Especially when the ninja is well done. Where are these Snake Eyes pics coming from anyway?

Apparently, Larry Hama, the guy who wrote all the good comics and is apparently a consultant to the film, released them

#32 5timechamp

5timechamp

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 322 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

heres scarlett

Posted Image

#33 durka-durka

durka-durka

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

OH heck yeah!  I'm liking this movie more now lol.  I just watched an interview with the angels in the outfield kid, aka cobra commander, and he said it's a total detatchment from reality, which can be good for some, bad for others, but at least it's not another false drama about the military trying to be "real" like we're so used to seeing.

Oh, did some reading up, apparently they got a Duke pic floating around somewhere, but Paramount took it off the site I visited.

Edited by durka-durka, 17 April 2008 - 03:59 PM.

#34 Demon_Mustang

Demon_Mustang

Misfire

• PipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:46 AM

Ah, I think you will just drown in gimmicks if you watch this movie.

It's kind of sad, the last movie I remember seeing an actual bad-ass looking female lead was Terminator 2, and that was like 17 years ago, sad isn't it? Now-a-days it seems they cast them based on what horny 15 year-olds want to see. I'm sorry, but if some 95 pound girl that spends more time brushing her hair than practicing fighting skills throws a punch at me, I'm just gonna let her hit me because I know it's not going to hurt...

And instead of making armor that would actually realistically distribute the force of impacts, let's section it off making sure the breasts are individual so you can get the full shape of them, oh yah, that sounds like the way to go...

Hey, I'm all for looking at hot girls, but not when I'm trying to believe in a movie I'm watching. But then again, GI Joe doesn't seem like it's trying for that anyhow, lol, I'm just taking this far too seriously...

#35 Serellan

Serellan

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:10 AM

sad face

#36 krise madsen

krise madsen

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:08 AM

I have a bad feeling about this movie. Like Dolph-Lundgren-As-He-Man kinda bad feeling...  :rolleyes:

BTW, not being familiar with G.I. Joe, didn't they have the usual action toy thingie where every piece had a spring-powered plastic missile attached to it? Now that would be really fun in a movie: "Spoinggggg!" :rofl:

Respectfully

krise madsen
"crisis" is my middle name...
------------------------------------------------

Hatchetforce said:

First John Wayne dies in 1979 and then 2 years later the Smurfs show up on NBC. It has been mostly downhill after that.
Posted Image

#37 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:21 AM

Yes krise....they had action figures...and i agree..."spoingggggg"!!

Here is my let down line, borrowed from Larry The Cable Guy

"I'm madder then a armless and legless Somali kid watching a donut roll down the hill"

That's just not right...Dear lord, please forgive me and be with the pygmies
Amen.
Ground Branch...Sweet Baby Jesus it's good
We came for the game, we stayed for the community.
It's hotter than two rats screwin in a wool sock out there.

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 16 June 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

When the trolling memes start appearing, you know you have stepped over the line and lost all credibility.

#38 Demon_Mustang

Demon_Mustang

Misfire

• PipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:51 AM

OMG, that quote from larry the cable guy is hilarious, I swear that guy is either REALLY stupid or REALLY smart, but either way, his jokes are so stupid they are funny as hell.

"I saw my parents having sex one time... boy, I'll never go to that website again..."

#39 durka-durka

durka-durka

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

This movie isn't supposed to be a deep, oscar winning drama.  It's pure escapism (did i spell that right? lol).  I seriously doubt there will be realistic tactics or theories on war on par with Saving Private Ryan or BHD.  I, for one, have been dying to see a good, fun, "America, $#%& Yeah!" kind of movie, and this is about as close as I'll get I'm affraid.  
  It would be nice if they could stick more to the cartoon, but things have got to change I guess.

#40 Demon_Mustang

Demon_Mustang

Misfire

• PipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

View Postdurka-durka, on Apr 20 2008, 01:24 AM, said:

This movie isn't supposed to be a deep, oscar winning drama.  It's pure escapism (did i spell that right? lol).  I seriously doubt there will be realistic tactics or theories on war on par with Saving Private Ryan or BHD.  I, for one, have been dying to see a good, fun, "America, $#%& Yeah!" kind of movie, and this is about as close as I'll get I'm affraid.  
  It would be nice if they could stick more to the cartoon, but things have got to change I guess.

Um, yah, I understand that, but you can do that perfectly fine without filling the movie full of gimmicks. So far everything that has been revealed and shown about the movie have been just one gimmick after the other. The younger hipper cast, snake eyes and his tacticool ninja outfit, and now the red head bimbo in typical b-action movie full body outfit that looks like it'll take longer to get into it than it would to complete the mission...

There are plenty of movies that I have enjoyed that was not realistic nor did they take themselves too seriously, but was still full of innovation and clever ideas instead of just opening the book of bad overused gimmicks to get their ideas.

But that's just my opinion, it works for some people, maybe I'll watch it as a rental... if someone else pays for it, lol. :-P

Edited by Demon_Mustang, 20 April 2008 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users