Started by Cpl Ledanek, Jan 14 2009 11:31 AM

#141 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

There are some really nice cases, but I'm far too lazy to go hunt for them right now.

There are no password management apps, so far as I know (I'm pretty sure that violates Apple's terms).  If the WiFi access point requires a web portal login, there is nothing you can do.

So far as sound quality: what are the files encoded at?  As a rule of thumb, do not encode lower than 192CBR.  I recommend 224VBR 48kHz, or (overkill) 320CBR.  Anything less sounds remarkably ######ty.

If you're really that obsessed, you could build your own pocket (Altoid tin) amp.
Level 30 Messiah

"EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED."

#142 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

View PostGrendel, on Dec 3 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

There are some really nice cases, but I'm far too lazy to go hunt for them right now.

There are no password management apps, so far as I know (I'm pretty sure that violates Apple's terms).  If the WiFi access point requires a web portal login, there is nothing you can do.

So far as sound quality: what are the files encoded at?  As a rule of thumb, do not encode lower than 192CBR.  I recommend 224VBR 48kHz, or (overkill) 320CBR.  Anything less sounds remarkably ######ty.

If you're really that obsessed, you could build your own pocket (Altoid tin) amp.

your referring to these: CAFFEINE ULTRA Headphone Amplifier Cmoy
Posted Image....couldn't do it, my soldering tool is all kaput. <_<

I usually rip my CDs with MediaPlayer at highest mp3 setting for the mashup kind of mp3s, Garth Brooks, Babyface, Celine Dion (don't judge) are at WAV lossless???....plus I'm not that hardcore audiophile....wannabe maybe... :shifty:

Posted Image
My Good Sir, I demand you hunt those cases for me, as soon as possible. 0:)

add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#143 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

$30 iPod Touch stand...PHEW!!!!!

hacked!!!! cost = $0!!!
Posted Image
:lol:
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#144 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

When I just had my IP I was also thinking about getting a case or screen protector, as I was scared that it might get damaged. Eventually I never purchased any kind of protection and I'm actually fine with it. After continuously using it since the day I got it there still *knock's on wood* hasn't been a single scratch on it as far as I'm aware. The nice shiny metal back won't brake but can get scratched, however in a few weeks from now you likely won't be bothered with that anymore. So unless you'll find a case that completely covers and properly protects the glass front (look back some pages in this thread), it kind of seems like a waste of money to be honest.

About the sound quality. I find the bass to be on the low side. The EQ on Bass Boost can slightly increase the performence but on some bass rich songs you might get some irritating distortions. I looked into this and found out that this can be fixed by using a program on your PC that sort of tells all your songs to play at the same hight level (there is a better way of explaining it) and so removes the bass distortion. I can't remember the name, I'll try to find it tomorrow.

#145 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

ok, after playing around the EQ, (wish they would include the option while ur playing instead  of going back out to main menu <_< ), I found a happy setting:

classical

so now I'm using the BeyerDynamic DT770 PRO, and went ahead with shuffling my music...

so bouncing around my mashups, county, classical, R&B, audiobooks, the weakness of bass, as mentioned by TJ is compensated by the DT770.

it's manageable...I do need to adjust the volume a tad bit when I play A Winter Symphony by Sarah Brightman.

I have to double check my rip on this.  :yes:
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#146 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

Oh Grendel!!!!

I got some Google Document that I emailed to myself as PDF.
So I get it has it's own reader...but I don't know how to save it permanently within my iPod Touch, so I don't have to open Gmail or Google Doc to read my pdf's.

thanks man....if I have to buy the apps, I guess I have to pay.

advance thanks
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#147 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

The only way to do it out of the box, is through the email client, or through safari.  

In the app store (if you search for 'pdf reader'), there are a number of options.  One of the only free and decently rated ones is 'FileApp'.  It allows you to upload files to your device, via FTP.  They previously had a USB-upload option, but Apple asked them to remove it (lame).  The plus side is that this application basically acts as a 'Finder' (opens nearly all file types).

Other than that, you take a gamble on paid apps.
Level 30 Messiah

#148 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

View PostCpl Ledanek, on Dec 4 2009, 02:52 AM, said:

My free WIFI at work is annoying since I have to log-on every time I get on Safari.  Is there a free app the manages log-ons/passwords.  It's getting annoying with my big thumb.

I believe the last firmware introduced an auto fill option for usernames and passwords, check out Settings/Safari/Auto Fill.

I'm not sure if the following will work but a trick you could also try is to make an url of the portal site that includes your username and password in the beginning of it (something like http://username:pass...talsitename.com ) and copy it. Open your settings and turn off WIFI. Than open Safari, go into the adress bar and paste the previous copied url and hit go. Ignore any no connection warnings, press the + icon and select "add to home screen". And turn WIFI back on again.

If it does what I hope it does, pressing on the new created bookmark icon on your Springboard (home screen, or desktop in PC terms) instead of the Safari icon, hopefully results in an automatic log-on now.

#149 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:25 AM

This seems pretty cool: http://paulirish.com...k/gordon/demos/
It's a method that allows Flash content to be played by including a piece of code to the content.

#150 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

can I share my iTunes collections with my iPod Touch and her soon-to-have iPod Nano (5th Gen)?
I see there is this Home Sharing option, never heard anyone discuss this before.
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#151 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

You can authorize five devices for your iTunes account syncing.  The same with PSN and almost every other service.
Level 30 Messiah

#152 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

finally got my E5 with ghetto tape for now until LOD arrives.....so far, it's better when watching movies, I can finally hear the cowbells behind Andrea Bocelli's voice  :whistle: , Kenny G sounded much "warmer,"....yet to try my mashup collections...I set the iPod Touch volume to 60% while setting the E5 at roughly around %60 also.
this is with E5 OEM audio cables....so far, happy with it. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the rest in here
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#153 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

just more pics of my Sansa Clip + E5 now with velcro and makeshift traveling case, just in case I don't feel like carrying a heavy load  0:)
Posted Image

Slideshow here

now back to iPod Touch (merge my Nikon SB-800 crash-course in here too)

Posted Image

Gallery here
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#154 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

My biggest pet peeve with my iPod Touch is that, ok, I find a website that has a bunch of free mashup mp3s thru iPod Touch Safari, I can stream them, I see that the website has a download links to them.

Unfortunately,  I have to wait get home, load to iTunes, then to the iPod Touch. :mad:

Now that Jailbreaking is legal, is it now possible to drag and drop my d/l mp3s?

(I'll d/l to my flash drive first then hopefully to the iPod Touch)

advance thanks for your help :up:
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#155 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

LOL: http://ardrone.parro...ot-ar-drone/usa

#156 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

My son has Ipod Touch.. & one of my pet peeves is that our Home Cienma system that has a regular iPod dock doesnt recognise the touch version, so he cant play his audio from it.
Does anyone know how or what needs to be done in such cases?!
Regards
Nemesis

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

#157 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

View PostNemesis, on Aug 26 2010, 11:16 AM, said:

My son has Ipod Touch.. & one of my pet peeves is that our Home Cienma system that has a regular iPod dock doesnt recognise the touch version, so he cant play his audio from it.
Does anyone know how or what needs to be done in such cases?!

See if there is a firmware update for the HC device that might solve the problem. Or buy a type of audio out cable for the iPod.

@Cpl there is a freely available Safari download plug-in from application stores like Cydia and Rock (requires JB). It stores files in a specific folder so I guess you either need to get another plug-in like Finder ($ I think) to move the files to a different location. Or get a new media player program that can play files from the root system and just point it at the download folder.

#158 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

New iPod Touch 4G revealed:

# iPhone-like Retina Display, 3.5 inches, 326ppi, and a 960 x 640 resolution
# 720p video recording and pictures with back camera
# VGA front camera for FaceTime with other iPod Touches and the iPhone
# Same Apple A4 chip found in the iPhone 4
# 3 axis gyroscope
# 40 hours of music playback
# Shipping with iOS 4.1 (Sorry jailbreakers!)
# Built-in microphone
# 8, 32, and 64 GB storage, at $229, $299, and $399 respectively

Source: http://www.ipodtouch....com/blog/8052/

I seriously don't know how they do it but the new 4G is even thinner than the previous models:

2/3G: 0.33 in (8.4 mm)
4G: 0.28 in (7.1 mm)

#159 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

View PostTactical Jerky, on Sep 1 2010, 03:21 PM, said:

I seriously don't know how they do it but the new 4G is even thinner than the previous models:

2/3G: 0.33 in (8.4 mm)
4G: 0.28 in (7.1 mm)
Alien Technology!

wish they got a trade up program so I can take pics also
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#160 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

RISE NECRO THREAD!!!

Q: I got instances my Ipod Touch's connection would drop and there are these signals that stays up, my neighbor's.  Normally there is an option to forget unwanted WiFi, but for some reason, there is none.

Anyone know a way to completely remove their network or boost mine, without having to go to a 2.4Ghz Router to a 5Ghz/ Dualband?
Currently I have aLinksys  WRT54GS
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users