#1 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,781 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

Link

I just can't wait for this game! Sky Gods and RO2 both come in 2010, it's gona be great year for tactical shoters!!  :drool:
Posted Image

#2 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

I wonder if my pockets will explode in this one as well; throwing all of my clips onto the ground.  And I also wonder if the technology has progressed enough to allow for a ballistics system.  And do you suppose I still hold my handgun about an inch from my face? :P

You know, in all of my years of playing RO, I wouldn't really call it 'tactical' by any means.  It's like playing CoD 2 with player-controlled tanks.  It looked nice, but I found it to be utterly frustrating to try and play it with much in the way of tactics.  It usually just came down to throwing enough meat towards the enemy at once, and hoping to come out alive.  And, I guess that's what the conflict was all about, anyway.  That's where I had the most success: running like a crazy man, with the rest of my team.

I really did like their gore system, though (as wrong as that feels to say).  The vaporization effect was really well-done, a was the spurting blood from certain wounds.  Definitely the most realistic gore system in any game.

But more to this new game: what's all this hype about being the "...first game to allow you to play as the Nazis!"?  Haven't we already done this in multiple games?  Or are they talking about their supposed SP campaign?

Neither the mod nor the retail game won my attention for more than a week at a time.  I hope their second retail game is a big improvement from the previous game.
Level 30 Messiah

"EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED."

#3 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

Posted Image

#4 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

LOL.

What did you expect Kirg?   :rofl:

EDIT: links not working for me.
Posted Image

#5 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

Why so serious?
Level 30 Messiah

#6 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

View PostKirq, on May 5 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

Tip: http://www.blackfoot...amp;CODE=ignore

This section allows you to set up your ignored users list.
When you add a user to your ignore list, any posts they make will be masked until you specify that you wish to read them. You may not be able to ignore users if they are in a member group which doesn't allow them to be added.
Just to let you know that option is available if you can't take it anymore ;) Hope it doesn't get that far though.
Posted Image

#7 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

The problem is that Grendel's attitude isn't funny for me anymore. When he creates a thread to share his hype about a game (in most cases I don't like this game or I'm just not interested in it) I don't post there just to tell him how lame this game is. I ignore those threads.

To me Grendel's behavior is on the very edge of beeing a flamewar baiter or even a regular forum troll. As far I remeber I'm not the first person which finds Grendel a bit lets say... annoying.

EDIT

Thx zoog. That should solve a problem.
Posted Image

#8 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

Yes.  Because having an opinion on something is OMG flamewars; because, as mentioned, internets is serious business.  And closing your ears like a child is mature behavior for an otherwise mature forum.

Look, it's not like I'm coming into these threads and posting 'the graphics are gay' or 'my dad can beat up your dad'.  It's more along the lines of: I'm disappointed in these gaming experiences, and I desperately want the developers to improve upon them.  I grow tired of developers that claim their game is so realistic, only to play it, and learn that bullet point is hardly the case for the game.

It's an open discussion.  A debate, perhaps.  The sharing of knowledge, experiences and opinions.  Those may very-well differ, and that's the point.  Because the world would be a pretty boring place, if we all agreed on everything.

I don't take it past that.  But you, quite obviously, do.
Level 30 Messiah

#9 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostMONOLITH, on May 5 2009, 03:22 PM, said:

EDIT: links not working for me.

I even know why :) There was a scan from PCGamer article about RO2 in that link, some info and few sweet looking screenshots :) To sum the facts from the article.

- RO2 will have singleplayer campaign based on battle for stalingrad.
- You will be able to control friendly AI unit during SP campaign.
- There will be coop for up to 10 player, something like a terrorist hunt. Small unit agains large enemy AI forces.
- There will be first person perspective cover system.
- There will be very advanced health system with bleeding and patchin minor wounds.
- RO2 is supposed to be at least as realistic as RO1.

PS. Looks like that link works for me after all, I just had to wait a bit longer. It oppened while I was making this post.
Posted Image

#10 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

I'm getting something totally different from that link. Not sure why.

I'll Google it. Sounds good though Kirg.   :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#11 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

View PostMONOLITH, on May 5 2009, 04:33 PM, said:

I'm getting something totally different from that link. Not sure why.

I'll Google it. Sounds good though Kirg.   :thumbsup:

Lol, I think now Im geting same result as You  :lol:
Posted Image

#12 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

I think these have the same scans:
http://forum.pclab.p...amp;mode=linear
http://zonaforo.meri...fc138a1f0a4f881

#13 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:08 AM

Im am so putting the blame on you guys if I go and do something stupid like rebuild my PC with all the talk of these potentially great pc games comming out. D:

Scans look nice. Will be hoping to see a trailer in the near future.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#14 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

Lost interest when I saw WWII again.  I loved both the mod and Osfront, but don't really want to pick up another Kar98k again.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#15 relaxative

relaxative

Bangalore Torpedo

• Donator
  • 771 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:13 AM

With you on that one. I wouldn't mind a Hidden & Dangerous 3, though. British SAS types, light RPG system meet tactical squad shooter, sprinkled with Sten and Bren guns? Sweet.

#16 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

PC gamer - US article scan (it is legal to upload it now)
Posted Image

#17 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

They're not gonna surprise us with stuff like crosshairs or third-person cover system are they? Tactical shooter sequels have a nasty habit of doing that nowadays.

#18 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

View PostV2_Bloodline, on Jul 25 2009, 04:12 PM, said:

They're not gonna surprise us with stuff like crosshairs or third-person cover system are they? Tactical shooter sequels have a nasty habit of doing that nowadays.

No crosshairs and no third person view comfirmed. They are going to implement some kind of first person cover system though.
Posted Image

#19 SiC-Disaster

SiC-Disaster

Human Claymore

• PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

RoHoS is going to kick ass, i just know it. I can't wait for a trailer though, it's freaking killing me.
I started playing it in the mod-days and from day 0 when Ostfront came out, and it has never been off my hard disk since, and if i get a new harddisk it is among the first things installed, right along with classics like Operation Flashpoint.
To me, RO is the best online shooter i have ever played in terms of realism and playability. For me it doesnt get much better then this.
ArmA 1/2 might be more realistic but their pvp doesnt work well for me, yet RO executes this perfectly with more then enough realism for me to be absolutely content with it.

Resting your weapons on objects = win, so is the ability to mount bayonets, the bullet ballistics are good as well though smg's sometimes have a bit too much recoil. But you can really feel the difference between a rifle and an old WW2 smg in terms of ballistics.
Getting a kill in RO is ten times more satisfying then getting a kill on another player in any other game i've played, because i had to work harder to get them.

And Grendel, mass-assaults dont work well on MG-42's if they are being handled by good players, so if that's the only tactic you can come up with to use in RO, good luck to you :P
The maps are open enough to allow you different approaches and tactics.

The extra addition of co-op and singleplayer should help ease new players in though, because it takes longer then a single week to get into RO.
It takes almost every gamer more then several weeks to become somewhat decent and effective in RO. Untill that moment, it's just plain old survival.
I wonder what they'll do with the singleplayer campaign though, how story-driven it is etc. I hope it shows the depressing warzone that was Stalingrad well, and doesnt dive into Hollywood cliche's. Though knowing TWI, i doubt they will do that and they'll stay true to the authenticity and realism RO is known for.

Edited by SiC-Disaster, 26 July 2009 - 05:03 PM.

#20 Flogger23m

Flogger23m

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

View PostSiC-Disaster, on Jul 26 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

To me, RO is the best online shooter i have ever played in terms of realism and playability. For me it doesnt get much better then this.

I completely agree.

It is by far the most detailed and realistic game in terms of weapon representation. Even ArmA doesn't do the proper animations, wet/dry reloads, barrel changing, ect.

And it actually is pretty easy to keep the SMGs from jumping around when firing in full auto. Just don't expect to hit much...

While I am happy that they are doing a proper single player campaign, I hope the multiplayer doesn't get pushed back and take a back seat. Since they are a small studio with limited funding, I doubt there will be as mich multiplayer content as the first game.

I guess that is what expansion packs are for. Though, they should still release lots of free content like the did for the first game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users