Started by Nemesis, Jan 27 2010 03:12 PM

#61 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

I finally got some hands-on with an iPad this week. I really love how quick and responsive it just felt.

Rabi I don't know if you're interested in such a thing but I saw a really cool looking case with a build in hardware keyboard. It lets you flip the case open and rest your iPad in an angle, and so allows you to use the iPad as a laptop.

I'll try to dig up a link.

Edit: http://i.engadget.co...-into-a-laptop/

#62 RAbbi

RAbbi

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,084 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Thanks, but I've got a Mac for that!  I could use a case to protect my investment, though.  thinkgeek.com has a pretty good-looking one for about $30 if I remember correctly.  My girlfriend got the flimsy one they sell at BestBuy, and isn't too impressed with it.  The keyboard they sell is kinda cool, but I think if I get one it'll be just Русский язык...
The Order of the Liquidators

Posted Image

"Prepare for unforeseen consequences." -G Man

#63 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,142 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:31 PM

Carbon Fiber...nuff said
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#64 RAbbi

RAbbi

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

View PostCpl Ledanek, on Sep 4 2010, 01:01 AM, said:

Carbon Fiber...nuff said
I hear it adds at least 5 horsepower...  ;)
The Order of the Liquidators

Posted Image

"Prepare for unforeseen consequences." -G Man

#65 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,142 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#66 Magnum50

Magnum50

Human Claymore

• Donator
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

iPad Q.... and no i haven't read through the 4 pages of post for the answer, lol...

Last night was pretty funny... not the incident but how we prepared for it... I was working when we got a call that a wife and husband had a domestic, she left to a friends house, he called and said "when you come back I'm going to kill you then any cop that shows up", so she called us... we met in a parking lot, got the story... gun nut with a number of automatic rifles... so we took it serious, we decided we need to set up a perimeter, have officers with long guns covering... call the dude and see if he will come out and talk, if not we would hold perimeter and call in SWAT... use to be that you just called in SWAT and let them handle it since he was home alone, but with the cutbacks...calling SWAT has to be approved by the chief and only as a last result... cost money to call them out... so anyway... it was funny because 3 of us pulled out our iPhones (or smart phones) got a map of the house/area, satellite view... his picture from dispatch was e-mailed to us and other info... so we were all standing around looking at these little iPhones make a perimeter/combat plan...

So I was thinking, "man, if one of us had a iPad we could have a bigger display and probably a program to draw on it"... so I was wondering...finally the question, lol... if you have a iphone and a ipad can you some how use the iPhone as the connection to the net to get the google maps and stuff... if so that would save 200 bucks on a iPad.

BTW, he surrendered and came out without issue.

other Q.

1. can you share apps with a iPhone and iPad connection through iTunes? meaning if you have both can both be sync with the same PC.
2. can you use a special pen on a iPad to draw images on a map or something like that?
3. is the iPad always on like a iPhone or do you have to "boot it up" each time you want to use it?
4. how is it for gaming web site viewing and quick internet looks?

Thx
Magnum

Tactics & Teamwork, Play the Objective!

#67 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:02 AM

Magnum sharing the internet connection of a device like a phone to a device without the ability to establish a direct connection is called "tethering". It seems it requires Jailbraking to make it happen. The info you need should be between this.

Other questions:
1: If you mean if you can run iPhone apps on an iPad, the answer is yes. The iPad can scale up the smaller image. And your purchased apps are linked to your account so you don't have to re-buy them for each device.
2: Do you mean a stylus instead of using your fingers, or a marker with special ink that could be wiped off the screen after use? I wouldn't know but I think you could load a map image into a photo editing app and use a software brush to draw stuff on the image using your fingers.
3: I don't have one but as far as I know you can sleep and wake the thing instantly just like an iPhone.
4: The device basically is designed for this sole purpose so you should be alright.

#68 Magnum50

Magnum50

Human Claymore

• Donator
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:06 AM

thx for the info.
Magnum

Tactics & Teamwork, Play the Objective!

#69 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

Gotta admit it as much of a dinosaur as I am with my mentality, technology and accessibility these days is incredible!

On topic was thinking of getting my folks ipads for use at home, since they are always on their iphones. My father the tech nut more, but am sure my mother will appreciate a larger surface to work with when doing mails to relatives / friends. Plus watch her shows and play bejewled on  :lol:

I swear that game is everywhere!

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#70 Whisper_44

Whisper_44

Master Blaster

• 2,607 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

4. how is it for gaming web site viewing and quick internet looks?

Look into TapaTalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users