Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

Debut trailer

#2 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Please tell me this one is making it to the 360.
Posted Image

#3 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

YES!

CD Projekt has revealed plans for a console version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, no doubt hoping to realise what canned project The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf could not.

"Although PC is a certain choice we made regarding platforms for The Witcher 2, we also want to release the console version," senior producer Tomasz Gop told GRY-OnLine (via Voodoo Extreme)
Posted Image

#4 Muad'Dib

Muad'Dib

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

The first one was brilliant.

I know for a fact I won't have a computer able to run this, so I hope the console version actually makes it through.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

By the power of the Windsor knot!

#5 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

A cutscene

#6 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,773 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

First one was great. Another game to my "buy on sight list" :)
Posted Image

#7 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

Looks good. The Witcher is still on my to-play list (bought it at the steam christmas sale), but haven't found time to play it yet. So many games, so little time!! :'(
Posted Image

#8 dporter

dporter

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

View PostV2_Bloodline, on Mar 23 2010, 12:54 PM, said:

mmmmm, disintegrating clothes  :drool:

#9 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

I never could get over how silly the main character looks.  Also, what is a 'Witcher'?

Is there no way to customize him?  Are you always stuck with that silly white hair and ponytail?  What is so 'RPG' about the series, anyway?  I was always under the impression that it was more of an action game, along the lines of Fable II?

The confusion over censorship is what always put me off to the game.  I'd want the game as it was meant to be played, and I've only just recently built a PC capable of running it properly.

So, Witcher fans: why is this game so awesome?
Level 30 Messiah

"EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED."

#10 Malleus

Malleus

Dud Round

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Witchers are monster hunters for hire, with unnatural powers they get through long training and conditioning.

The devs said you'll be able to choose the hairstyle in the final game.

The 'RPG' about the games is that your character improves over time and also during the game you make choices which have consequences. There are lot of action of course, but also lot of dialogue as well. I'd say it's just the right mix.

The game isn't censored, with the latest patch, all version are made the same.

And this game is awesome because it has an awesome story, great characters, interesting world, good combat system and good gameplay all in all. Best RPG in the last five (or more) years IMO.

Edited by Malleus, 25 March 2010 - 08:36 PM.

#11 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

So there's no character-building in the original game, but there are plans for the sequel?

I'm not going to lie: I'm 'that guy'.  You know, the one that spends three hours crafting his character in Bethesda and BioWare games?  Yeah.  That's me.
Level 30 Messiah

#12 Malleus

Malleus

Dud Round

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

Character appearance is given in both games, you can't change or customize that, but in the sequel, you'll be able to change the hairstyle (they probably got some flak for the ponytail :)).

Edited by Malleus, 25 March 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#13 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

View PostGrendel, on Mar 25 2010, 07:14 PM, said:

I never could get over how silly the main character looks.  Also, what is a 'Witcher'?

Is there no way to customize him?  Are you always stuck with that silly white hair and ponytail?  What is so 'RPG' about the series, anyway?  I was always under the impression that it was more of an action game, along the lines of Fable II?

The confusion over censorship is what always put me off to the game.  I'd want the game as it was meant to be played, and I've only just recently built a PC capable of running it properly.

So, Witcher fans: why is this game so awesome?
You play as a specific character in the first one, Geralt of Rivia.  You cannot customize him since the storyline continues with the Witcher books written by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Polish author.  You don't have to read the books to follow the story because the game starts off with Geralt being found without his memory (years after the adventures that made him famous).  You learn who the characters are as Geralt would.  The story is pretty good overall.  Your actions really do have a big effect on what happens later in the game, depending on if you kill someone or help them or even leave them alive but alone.

The combat is ok, but can get somewhat repetitive.  It's the alchemy that really sets it apart.  You can make so many potions, and you don't always know the effects.  Bad ones can poison you, but you also build up a tolerance to bad potions for each one you take.  You could always play it safe and do the potions you find out about as you go.

As for censorship, you can get the Directors Cut on Steam (or on Impulse, which it's actually on sale for $10 right now).  It's the way the game was meant to be played.  The original release was edited though, as is the Enhanced Edition you can get from retailers.  If you do have the original version you can download the Enhanced Edition patch that they released.  It adds more than I could possibly list here, but it's totally worth it.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#14 Malleus

Malleus

Dud Round

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

View PostBOTA:49, on Mar 26 2010, 03:54 AM, said:

As for censorship, you can get the Directors Cut on Steam (or on Impulse, which it's actually on sale for $10 right now).  It's the way the game was meant to be played.  The original release was edited though, as is the Enhanced Edition you can get from retailers.

Yeah, but there's a patch (Director's Cut Patch) that removes the censorship from the NA retail release (effectively adds uncensored stuff).

Edited by Malleus, 25 March 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#15 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

View PostGrendel, on Mar 25 2010, 10:45 PM, said:

So there's no character-building in the original game,

That's not what he said.

The Witcher has the same type of "buy attributes and skills for points you earn" system that Fallout 3 has, and you love that method.

No, you can't play dress-up, but there's Barbie's for that.   :lol:
Posted Image

#16 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

Man that trailer looks awesome! I still got the first game waiting for me on STEAM to play through when I get around to upgrading my PC.

Its kinda nice how steam works and am thankful that it works perfectly for the most part now. Cept sometimes gotta have a buddy in the US gift me things and I pay him through a different means due to weird price issues with my location being overseas. Some stuff is cheaper from what I see from what he sees in the US. Really odd.

I heard the original Witcher ran on a modified Neverwinter Nights engine is that true?

But man if that rumor about it going on the 360 is true I will be a very very happy man. Have heard nothing but praise for the series thats why.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#17 Grendel

Grendel

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

Yes, they were using BioWare's hilariously old engine.  It's amazing how well that engine holds up, really.  NWN still looks better than some comparable games in the genre.
Level 30 Messiah

#18 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

some gameplay (cam)

#19 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

The Engine: Part One
Posted Image

#20 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Definitely waiting anxiously for this one. Pre-order imminent.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users