Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:11 PM
Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:52 PM
Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:00 PM
Tactics & Teamwork, Play the Objective!
Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:44 PM
Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:44 AM
I see. Are You still planing to release "something playable" this year?
Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:08 PM
Ps Interesting article/video about the military sim too. Best of luck!
Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:14 PM
I am trying. My plan is this....
- Release small 'Performance Test'
- Has the training maps but no functionality
- Player can move through the space with normal speeds but there is no character or weapon visible
- Built in "timedemo" flythroughs for reporting performance
- This give an idea of where things are with our quality bar and peoples machines
- Release with functional UI
- Initial UI example including character and weapon customization
- Functional but does not translate into in game character yet
- Release adding in first pass at player characters and weapons
- No MP connectivity yet
- Ability for player to shoot weapons in a map
- Working targets
- Release adding in connectivity
- Ability to connect using direct IP
- Players can run around and shoot targets or each other
- No game types defined
Those are my goals for this year, though there is no time table set for it. Doing this should give everyone a solid idea of what the game will be like and then I can start to refine things as well as add in lots of content. We'll see how it goes.
Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:16 PM
Love the screenshot John, thx for sharing
Does the Time of Day impact the godrays?! Are god rays created as a partof the lightmap?! Does the updated lighting impact performance?! Is this a High Level decal or set for all?!
Its a cool feature but can I just ask..please please please dont over use it. it will look fantastic is dark jungle with tight canopies but look naff on if used on open fields as I'm sure you know ;-)
Godrays are caused by brightlight passing through particles ie: mist, dust or simply atmospheric haze. A dusty environment represents an area of activity ie: old workshop with splintered wooden slats on the walls/ceiling where godrays pass in etc. I think they will make some cool additions in game especially when the brightness of the light hits you in the eyes & also makes you respect concealment/shaded spots to avoid shadow casting
Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:18 PM
Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:53 PM
In any case, can't wait to shoot a weapon in your game.
Edited by galzohar, 23 May 2010 - 01:54 PM.
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/galzohar
ArmA Israel: http://www.arma-il.info
Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:04 PM
Yes. The rays are setup from the directional light that represents the sun. So the rays accurately reflect the lights position and intensity or can simply be turned off. There are some other fine tuning parameters in there to make things more subtle and natural.... this is just the default.
The rays only work on dynamic lights and the "sun" directional light is dynamic (though highly optimized) There is a slight couple fps hit with them on, but we will have it as an option.
Not sure what you mean.....
UE3 can only do AA in DX10 and I don't have a DX10 GPU. I'll upgrade one day, but I like using this older card to keep a better gauge of performance as I work.
Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:47 PM
Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:23 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users