Started by Cpl Ledanek, Aug 29 2010 03:15 PM

#1 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,064 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

So we finally replaced our dying tube TV with a Samsung-LN32C450 (wife still not satisfied its a good tv) so I was thinking of adding an Asus Eeepc to it so she can watch her Youtubes without having to go to our desktop.

I need a couple suggestions:
--- will the Asus Eee Box do as promised? I saw one @ Fry's for $199.
--- need a All-in-One Remote for the Samsung and for our DirectTV something basic.
--- need a wireless keyboard.  I like the Logitech Bluetooth DiNovo but ###### is expensive...need something small with trackpad so I can forgo the mouse.

advance thanks
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#2 BS PALADIN

BS PALADIN

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 285 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

Dont new TVs come with built in internet compatibility?

#3 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

View PostBS PALADIN, on Aug 30 2010, 09:41 AM, said:

Some indeed do now but don't expect too much of it until you get some hands-on experience.

My TV for instance has YouTube, not a lie about it. But by the time you've only opened the YT plug-in, chances are you've already fallen asleep while going through all the bothersome and slow loading menu's.

Than when you're ready to watch a video the real fun only begins because the TV doesn't support a keyboard, so all the typing has to be done with the remote's 0-9 keys. Not very user friendly.

#4 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

View PostBS PALADIN, on Aug 30 2010, 02:41 AM, said:

No sir.

View PostTactical Jerky, on Aug 30 2010, 07:24 AM, said:

Some indeed do now but don't expect too much of it until you get some hands-on experience.

My TV for instance has YouTube, not a lie about it. But by the time you've only opened the YT plug-in, chances are you've already fallen asleep while going through all the bothersome and slow loading menu's.

Than when you're ready to watch a video the real fun only begins because the TV doesn't support a keyboard, so all the typing has to be done with the remote's 0-9 keys. Not very user friendly.

from what I gathered from the Internet...most ppl would use the TV as monitor (via extended monitor/clone under XP)....so I'm either going to build from scratch or keep looking for a nettop PC such as these low powered ION chips like the Asus Eeepc or Acer Revo....but I got one more desktop I want to see if i can get it to work.
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#5 Tactical Jerky

Tactical Jerky

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,289 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

I understand Led. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that type of PC but if it has got the right AV outputs it's definitely the way to go. I have a similar setup, I simply hookup one cable and the TV becomes a PC.

And btw you can use your iPod Touch as a remote with apps like Air Mouse Pro.

#6 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

View PostTactical Jerky, on Aug 31 2010, 12:58 PM, said:

I understand Led. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that type of PC but if it has got the right AV outputs it's definitely the way to go. I have a similar setup, I simply hookup one cable and the TV becomes a PC.

And btw you can use your iPod Touch as a remote with apps like Air Mouse Pro.

thanks TJ, I D/L Air Mouse (free ed) and Jumi Mouse (free ed) can't wait to try it out.
:thumbsup:
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users