Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostBOTA:49, on 09 February 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Oh what could have been!

That was cool!

GameSpy: Five Awesome Skyrim Mods that Make Bethesda's HD Texture Pack Look Like a Joke

#142 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

"Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll..."

:rofl:

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#143 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

There's something disappointing me about Skyrim. Somehow it's just not as mysterious and immersive as Oblivion. I find the persistent wooden shack cities not as enjoyable as The Imperial City and other Oblivion locations. The sewers and underground locations are less creepy. I miss the Goblins and Vampires and skeletons of Oblivion. The Guilds seem less interesting and "alive", and the whole world just seems less "real and functioning" than Oblivion's did. I remember in Oblivion waiting for the shopkeepers to close and go to dinner at 8PM, then trying to dodge the guards while I picked the locks to their stores and robbed them.

Skyrim has all these things, but somehow it doesn't feel the same. Maybe it's just me right now. I'm not into it and it all feels predictable and "been there done that".

It's probably just me. I'm hoping to get back into it later on after I finish a few other games. But right now I've just lost interest and the thought of grinding away at the forge to level up my blacksmithing just seems tedious as hell.
Posted Image

#144 galzohar

galzohar

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

"I usually kill the guards for loot" :D
You don't mess with the Zohar!
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/galzohar
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/galzohar
ArmA Israel: http://www.arma-il.info

#145 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Mono you could go back to the overly colorful Kingdoms of Amalur. ;)

Its the other game Ive been enjoying collecting loot and being just a total badass with smashing the ###### out of enemies while looking at the new world to explore.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#146 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostWitzbold, on 20 February 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Mono you could go back to the overly colorful Kingdoms of Amalur. ;)

Its the other game Ive been enjoying collecting loot and being just a total badass with smashing the ###### out of enemies while looking at the new world to explore.

Is your shield still hidden when it's not being used? Do you still constantly sheath/unsheath your weapon mid battle if you stop swinging for two consecutive seconds?

The game world was nice and for the most part the combat is good. But  regardless if it's nitpicking, those two things mentuoned above just killed all the good the combat had going for it to me. I know it's silly, I just dont find it immersive when I keep sheathing my sword just because I'm not swinging it or when my huge tower shield just disappears when I'm not in a block stance.
Posted Image

#147 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yep its still the same. I just put up with it since there is so much other good stuff with the game that outweighs those 2 little things.

#148 will wabbit hunter

will wabbit hunter

Dud Round

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

this game consumes you. i really like it.

#149 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

View Postwill wabbit hunter, on 21 March 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

this game consumes you. i really like it.

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#150 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

#151 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Vampire expansion!?

I might have to redownload Skyrim for this.
"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#152 Lightspeed

Lightspeed

Intel Ninja

• Donator
  • 933 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

Ive never played any of the predecessors and I'm loving this so far. The right level of difficulty and scariness for this noob.

#153 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

#154 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

#155 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Dammit, I still haven't finished the main game OR Dawnguard!  This looks badass though, I'm going to have to get it too.  So far, with just graphical mods and a few torch mods, it's almost like playing a whole different game now...

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#156 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

#157 BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

That applies to damn near every older series unfortunately.  Most people here know that feeling via Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

#158 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostPsychomorph, on 16 March 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

video

+1

To samyoulonline, I salute you. I have not played Skyrim, so I can't comment on that, but I have said on these boards how painful Oblivion was. It did a lot right, but it did so much more wrong.

Unfortunately he is correct, so long as the money rolls in we will never see Morrowind 2.

And 49; I do understand that this applies to just about all modern gaming, but things like Ghost Recon are a little different. They took out aspects of the game and simplified it to make it less realistic to appeal to the casual gamer. But Ghost Recon still remains a FPS/OTS shooter. They took a tactical shooter and turned it into an arcade shooter. As sacrilegious as that may be, the core fundementals of the game remained. You were given objectives and had to complete them. Albeit, with more an more hand holding.

Bethesda has effectively taken the RPG out of the RPG.

Go here, kill this, return here. And before you go to this remote part of the land that only few have dared to go and ever fewer have been lucky enough to return from, allow me to precisely mark it on your map. Again, I can't comment on Skyrim's fast travel system but from the sounds of it it was made even more intrusive. No searching. No exploring. They make the game beautiful and then subtract every aspect that required you to explore. I enjoyed Morrowind for its complexity and how each achievement was fulfilling. Oblivion literally made everything feel like a time sink. At least Morrowind's fast travel system made sense. Here's a Silt Strider, boat, or a mage, it costs this much and will take you to X. After that, you have to use your legs, without quest markers.

And I couldn't agree more with his views on itemization and it's worth. Morrowind made finding Daedric armor and weapons feel like an accomplishment, yet in Oblivion a Highway Man jumping you for 200 Septems is decked out in full Daedric armor. Not that it was surprising, I only have like 200+ complete sets in one of my 8 houses within the game. What is the point of having an "economy" if selling items is completely useless? In Morrowind I would barter with the Creeper in Caldera for hours. And it was worth it.

I hate to go back and play games with outdated graphics, but sadly I will always pick up Morrowind from time to time because of how enjoyable its depth is. Oblivion will remain a dormant combination of 1's and 0's on my harddrive, never to be extracted again.
Posted Image

#159 BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostFixxxer, on 17 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

And 49; I do understand that this applies to just about all modern gaming, but things like Ghost Recon are a little different. They took out aspects of the game and simplified it to make it less realistic to appeal to the casual gamer. But Ghost Recon still remains a FPS/OTS shooter. They took a tactical shooter and turned it into an arcade shooter. As sacrilegious as that may be, the core fundementals of the game remained. You were given objectives and had to complete them. Albeit, with more an more hand holding.
It's the exact same thing.  GR remained FPS, TES titles remain FPS.  GR changed things to simplify the game, TES titles changed things to simplify the game.  Both made sacrifices to appeal to the casual gamer.  One went from a tac shooter to a hand holding arcade shooter, the other went from a real time RPG to a action game with RPG elements with "Follow Me!" arrows.  Yet, fundamentally, they are both very similar to their predecessors.  Just simplified.  It's the exact same scenario, and it's played out over almost every game nowadays.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users