Started by Kirq, Mar 11 2011 10:11 AM

#1 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,792 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

I'm not much into Mech stuff, but this trailer looks really good (maybe it's the music ;) ).

Posted Image

#2 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Not a mech fan either, but definitely looks interesting..
Posted Image

#3 krise madsen

krise madsen

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

Looks like the bunnyhoppers wet dream, so clearly not a game for me. Could be a pretty nifty action shooter for those so inclined though.
"crisis" is my middle name...
------------------------------------------------

Hatchetforce said:

First John Wayne dies in 1979 and then 2 years later the Smurfs show up on NBC. It has been mostly downhill after that.
Posted Image

#4 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

that's coming from an Indie???  Holy Posted Image  :o
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#5 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:11 AM

It looks nice and all, and I'll probably get it since I've been a MechHead since I played MechWarrior 2, but dammit, I want my MechWarrior! Still waiting on that one too. Still, this is definitely above War World (the last indie mech game I remember).

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#6 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

I really dig the effort that was put into the landscape. Those cities are damned impressive! Very nicely done and hats off to the team indeed + best wishes for the project.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#7 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

Gameplay footage.

Gotta say it looks pretty swank.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#8 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostWitzbold, on 12 March 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

I really dig the effort that was put into the landscape. Those cities are damned impressive! Very nicely done and hats off to the team indeed + best wishes for the project.
+1
Regards
Nemesis

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

#9 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

This went from "interesting" to "Ok, where do I put my money?"

It's looking really good, like a decent mix of Heavy Gear, MechWarrior, and (I hate mentioning this one) MechAssault.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#10 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,449 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

yeah, looking good!

9 dedicated guys that know what they are doing working in UDK for 9 months is powerful.

#11 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

Seriously do agree with you there J.

Those guys deserve an award alone just for the amount of love and detail which went into their city alone. You could just have a fly through video of that and impress people.

Im a huge enviro. whore and when it comes to beautiful level design I seriously do appreciate it big time.

#12 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

Looks like MechTribes. I'm totally down for this.
Posted Image

#13 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

It looks really good.
Posted Image

#14 bangurdead

bangurdead

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

what's shocked me was that my brother sent off an email to them and actually got two emails back from them. One of the head honcho there and another from another guy talking about how the his email got passed around the office and they loved it...

honestly its refreshing considering all the automated bs from mega corporations for simple stuff like tech support...
the "support" we get is some generic "cover all gaps but does nothing" email response when we really need is human support

and considering a 9 man team could take time to address one random email personally verse a 100person studio* says alot about the current state of console and Pc gaming :wall:

#15 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:41 AM

View PostBOTA:49, on 31 March 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

This went from "interesting" to "Ok, where do I put my money?"

+1
Posted Image

#16 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:54 AM

View Postbangurdead, on 03 April 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

what's shocked me was that my brother sent off an email to them and actually got two emails back from them. One of the head honcho there and another from another guy talking about how the his email got passed around the office and they loved it...

honestly its refreshing considering all the automated bs from mega corporations for simple stuff like tech support...
the "support" we get is some generic "cover all gaps but does nothing" email response when we really need is human support

and considering a 9 man team could take time to address one random email personally verse a 100person studio* says alot about the current state of console and Pc gaming :wall:

Actually that has to do more with company policy really. It happens with any large sized entities in the business world. Communication generally isnt allowed with the outside world in regards to what goes on with the company unless through proper channels.

Smaller teams dont have this sort of red tape BS to deal with so they can answer to whoever they feel like.

With guys this talented you have got to imagine they have been around the block a few times and knows about this sorta stuff too, which is why its nice to see that they actually took the time out to respond to your brothers email.  :thumbsup:

Do agree with you about the whole generic responses from support teams, but with the sheer volume that comes in there really is no other way to deal with that. Even more so if said question has no current answer. It may be bad business but it beats giving out wrong advice which makes the situation worse on the side of the end user. Not to mention its rare to find tech support agents that actually know more than you do when something really goes wrong. Considering for the most part that tech support staff are generally part timers.

#17 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

#18 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Free-to-play confirmed.

Beta sign-ups here: https://playhawken.com/

#19 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Another one bites the dust to the F2P business motto. Shame.
Posted Image

#20 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Why is that a shame Fixxxer? Just curious.
Ground Branch...Sweet Baby Jesus it's good
We came for the game, we stayed for the community.
It's hotter than two rats screwin in a wool sock out there.

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 16 June 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

When the trolling memes start appearing, you know you have stepped over the line and lost all credibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users