Posted Image

#2 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Two teasers available. The full trailer is coming Thursday this week!

http://www.avpgalaxy...rst-look-video/
Posted Image

#3 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Prometheus: In Greek mythology, Prometheus (Greek Προμηθεύς, "forethought")[1] is a Titan, the son of Iapetus and Themis, and brother to Atlas, Epimetheus and Menoetius. He was a champion of mankind, known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mortals.[2] Zeus then punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while a great eagle ate his liver every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day. His myth has been treated by a number of ancient sources, in which Prometheus is credited with Ė or blamed for Ė playing a pivotal role in the early history of mankind.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Prometheus

A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

...sounds interesting...but I saw Guy Pearce on the cast & kinda put a dampener on it for me...nevertheless I`ll still see it :)  :thumbsup:
Regards
Nemesis

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

#4 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

EGE: The official synopsis from Fox says that this revolves around the ďAlien GodsĒ, the ďSpace JockeyĒ from the first film.

RS: Yeah, so there you have that. I was always amazed that, I mean, Iíve only done two science-fictions, but I was always amazed that no one asked who the hell the Space Jockey was. He wasnít even called the Space Jockey. During the film they started to call it the Space Jockey. I donít know who started that one off. I always thought it was amazing that no one ever asked who he was, and why was he there? What was all that about? I sat thinking about this for a while and thought, well, thereís a story! And the other four [films] missed it! So, here it is.

Full Thread

Officail Trailer

View PostPsychomorph, on 29 October 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

2) Alien Universe

...looks like Ridley Scott is denying its a movie baseed within the "Alien Universe" despite the fact it has many linkages to the original Alien movie. Good to see Giger working on this movie in a small way when he was overridden in Aliens / Alien3 for design work by Tom Woodruff.
Regards
Nemesis

#5 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:45 AM

Weird that hes denying it too considering thats almost the exact same design of the spaceship that "started it all". And the large cradle looking thing within the ship.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#6 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

I wonder if theres a possible sequel to follow from Promotheus that will strengthen the linkage to the Aliens franchise & at current his trying to throw a curve-ball ?!?
Regards
Nemesis

#7 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostNemesis, on 31 December 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

...looks like Ridley Scott is denying its a movie baseed within the "Alien Universe" despite the fact it has many linkages to the original Alien movie.

In your quote he's confirming that it's a part of the Alien Universe.  There was a lot of confusion about it because first it was, then it wasn't then it kind of was, now it definitely is.  Hence the Jockey/Engineer, the designs, and Weyland Industries (before the Yutani merger) all being present.  Although this might be more of a spin off than a prequel, but it's still within the Alien Universe.

I was always amazed that no one asked who the hell the Space Jockey was........ I always thought it was amazing that no one ever asked who he was, and why was he there? What was all that about? I sat thinking about this for a while and thought, well, there's a story! And the other four [films] missed it! So, here it is.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#8 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

Witness the Epicness in 1080p

@Nemesis:
It pretty much is the Alien universe, after seeing the trailer. And I gotta say I'm glad it isn't just another Alien film, but something above that, something more subtle and bigger scaled. I must also admit, as an Alien fan, that the alien creature was never my main aspect about the original film. It was the mystery, the dense atmosphere (during the whole film), the ultra-realistic style, pretty much everything.
"Alien" defined Ridley Scott as my idol of a director. I'm not fan of actors, but of creative minds like Scott. Go Brits.
Posted Image

#9 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,133 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

sorry can't help it  :whistle:

add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#10 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

With rumours adrift that Sigourney Weaver was going to sign up to the next 2 Aliens Prequels...that were/are not prequels that she is signing up for but isnt in one of the movbies thats shes signed to......man the net gets confusing to just get some solid statements of fact!!

....anyway iff she was I was concerened that she was going to be the original Ripley & that the Ripley in Alien was already a clone but just never aware of it...which really would have taken the ###### out of the whole franchise IMHO.

Anyway...Promo..is looking good...hope the storyline & characters hold out rather than just sitting on "of late....FX"  :thumbsup:

@ LED......good n evil Kittehs reminds me more of "Clash of the Titans"...now show me a kitteh with a facehugger  :sweating:
Regards
Nemesis

#11 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Posted Image

#12 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

[url="]

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#13 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

"JOYGASM"

Loved it.....spot on pulling Weyland Industries into play!! They tried it in AvP but TBH.. I dont think it worked.

The overall features which make "Alien" so Alien will be easily noticable according to inside sources with minor changes to suit that of the host species; in this case the unfortunate pilot Space Jockey. This follows the original Alien canon of host-dependant characteristics. Aliens born of humans, equal human-Alien crossed byproduct. Aliens born from dogs, equal dog-Alien crossed byproduct. So the fact that an Alien born from the enormous Space Jockey would be larger than that born of a human would make perfect sense.

Look, Ridley Scott birthed this universe over two decades ago. My job was to sit and listen and to channel, in the same way that a medium does. This was about the ideas that he wanted to convey, and he did not want to come back and do science fiction again unless there was some kind of a philosophical construct to it. Thatís why Blade Runner, which didnít really enjoy commercial success when it first came out, is viewed as a classic, and is still being discussed and dissected: there are these fundamental ideas about humanity, our relationship with technology, the presence of a soul ó those are all the things that drive Blade Runner. Ridley was reaching for the fruit on the tree of knowledge in the ideas that he was having about this movie.

At the same time, there is a line where a movie becomes overtly pretentious. We wanted to stay on the right side of it, because once you cross it, thereís no going back. There had to be a version of this movie that presented big ideas, but didnít really wallow around and spend all itís time basking in the glory of itís own intelligence. We wanted to make an entertaining movie at the same time. Hopefully, itís a hybrid in tone between the original Alien and Blade Runner.

I get the feeling that theres going to be a heavy leaning on the android approach of humans vs androids that existed throughout the aliens movies...just readding about the synonyms between Alien & BladeRunner  :clapping: :clapping:
Regards
Nemesis

#14 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sweet!
Posted Image

#15 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Nice!

I like the part with the "our first true piece of technology... fire". The film will not be short on eloquence, I guess.
Posted Image

#16 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

WARNING - trailer contains what can be called "spoilers". It gives a bit to much away and I wish I hadn't seen it, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Posted Image

#17 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Q&A with Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof

Posted Image

#18 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

As usual, watch at own risk.

Posted Image

#19 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

MUST AVOID TEMPTATION!!

View PostPsychomorph, on 21 March 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

WARNING - trailer contains what can be called "spoilers". It gives a bit to much away and I wish I hadn't seen it, but it's awesome nonetheless.

...much too much!!
Regards
Nemesis

#20 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Stay strong brother! Only less than five months away. You can do it. :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users