Started by Jsonedecker, Apr 13 2007 10:45 AM

#1 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,396 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

One thing to remember is that like it or not money drives almost everything. A public company, as most big game makers are, must make certain sales numbers to sustain investor interest. To really explain it I would need to write a business class in here which I don't feel like doing.

We are small and nimble with very little overhead so we do have the freedom to make choices like this without the risk or repercutions larger companies might face. However, this is the only way I would start a company as I am not in it to become the next EA or have 150 people making 3 games. Those are all valid business approaches though.

I guess you could say I want to be a more handcrafted company along the lines of a Ferrari or lamborghini in that it's not the over all numbers, but the quality of product and the feeling of belonging to a unique community that drives customers buying habits. I'm not referring to the quality of materials and the price differential(we are not going to do $100 games), but the size, philosophy and business practices.

If I had any interest in being a Ford or even a BMW type assembly line company I would just go work for one.  Why start another "me to" company... there are plenty out there already.

Discuss this topic here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users