Started by dporter, Nov 12 2011 10:39 AM

#1 dporter

dporter

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

There will be some pretty great video game sales (and consoles) going on sale this black Friday.

My personal highlights:

Walmart (opens 10pm soon you'll have to skip turkey to get these sales):

Black ops  $28
Gears 3     $28
BF3          $28
Arkam City  $28

Online they will also have the 4gig slim 360 with gears 3, a 3 month live car, and a $50 gift card for $199.  Insanely good deal.

Best buy:
Will also have BLOPS and Gears3 for $30
Dirt 3 $15
Homefront $15

Target also has about the same deals as well.

#2 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Best Buy

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Black Friday ads are starting to leak.  Gamestops looks pretty weak, but I like how they announced the thought to be Europe only bundle of the 3ds and Zelda.  Best Buy will top that 360 by making it a 250GB version with Halo Reach (download) and Fable 3 (disc) for $200.  About the only thing that really interests me though is the 42' 1080P Sharp TV for $200.  If I can get my hands on one I might have found a replacement monitor for my computer.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#3 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,140 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

View Postdporter, on 12 November 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

There will be some pretty great video game sales (and consoles) going on sale this black Friday.

My personal highlights:

Walmart (opens 10pm soon you'll have to skip turkey to get these sales):

Black ops  $28<----------------------- PS3  :help:
Arkam City  $28
Gears 3     $28
BF3          $28<----------------------- PS3 standard edition  :help:
Arkam City  $28

Online they will also have the 4gig slim 360 with gears 3, a 3 month live car, and a $50 gift card for $199.  Insanely good deal.

Best buy:
Will also have BLOPS and Gears3 for $30
Dirt 3 $15
Homefront $15

Target also has about the same deals as well.

add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#4 Asim

Asim

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

too poor don't work :(

#5 dporter

dporter

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

View PostBOTA:49, on 12 November 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

About the only thing that really interests me though is the 42' 1080P Sharp TV for $200.  If I can get my hands on one I might have found a replacement monitor for my computer.

The door busters are so hard to get and it seems to get harder every year.  You might luck out though.  It seems people completely skip Thanksgiving as a family to go camp out at these stores.  The stores are opening earlier now too.

I'm going to try to pick up one or two games for the kids, try to pick up some tire deals at Walmart for my car ($65/tire for good years :w00t: ), and then finally pick up a blu ray player if I can.  If I don't get them I'm not going to stress out too much.

CPL, those are all both for PS3 and 360.  Not sure on the BF3 if it's standard edition or not.

Edited by dporter, 14 November 2011 - 06:37 AM.

#6 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

View PostAsim, on 13 November 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

too poor don't work :(

Then maybe you should stop posting on an internet forum and get a job.

---

Porter I am praying that there will be some kind of sales back when I get home since I need to get a new tv to play on. Since if not everything is going to be greener than Kermit the frog. Damned shame too since that TV is a nice sized flat screen, but no idea how it fried. Fixing it is going to amount to the cost of buying a new one too, so might as well pull the trigger if there is a good deal available.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#7 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

View PostWitzbold, on 14 November 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

Then maybe you should stop posting on an internet forum and get a job.

---

Porter I am praying that there will be some kind of sales back when I get home since I need to get a new tv to play on. Since if not everything is going to be greener than Kermit the frog. Damned shame too since that TV is a nice sized flat screen, but no idea how it fried. Fixing it is going to amount to the cost of buying a new one too, so might as well pull the trigger if there is a good deal available.
He could be a student and is on his parents internet.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#8 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

Regardless I generally hate posts like that, due to it brings nothing to the conversation.

Its on the same level as folks who make "FIRST" posts. Or to be more specific and even more of an ######.

"Too fat, dont exercise :("

Im sure you get the idea.

---

Looks like theres a list of store hours for Black Friday in Oahu. Hmmm might try to check it out since will have nothing else better to do back home. Though can imagine traffic in those areas will be hell with people trying to get to the sales and the usual morning mess that plagues Oahu's roads lol

Black Friday Store Hours for Oahu

Will let you guys know if I manage to get anything good. If I dont head out early will just try and hyena through the left overs.  :lol:

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#9 dporter

dporter

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Most of the door buster sales on TV's are junk (my opinion of course).  The reason I don't like them is because they are all 60hz.  For gaming the 120hz is just a much better option.

I'm holding out until after I pass the rest of my exam to splurge on a newer tv as my gift and I'm actually looking at going plazma where the standard now is about 600hz (usually 720p though).  I'm not a big snob when it comes to 1080p vs. 720p mostly because it doesn't matter on most of the xbox360 games out there and my cable provider still outputs in 720.  If there's a target or walmart where you are going I would look at what they currently have and you might find some pretty good clearance or sale items now instead of getting trampled on black friday.  You would then just need to figure out how you're going to get it home.

#10 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the info bout the diff between 60hz and 120hz Ill be sure to remember than when looking for a TV.

Though just realized over a TV I need to find a new more powerful laptop, my current one is on its last legs after doing some pre-flight checks and its time to get a new one... Hopefully something useful will be on sale back home.

#11 Ick

Ick

Bangalore Torpedo

• Donator
  • 828 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Interesting that this came up.  I just left wal-mart last night and found this TV.  I intended to purchasing it today.

$1,248

Vizio 55" LED HDTV
Resolution 1080P
240 hz refresh rate
Contrast 2,000,000 to 1
4 HDMI hokups

Does that sound like a deal?

#12 dporter

dporter

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

For an LED that isn't bad at all.  I'd probably go with this package here though:

http://www.walmart.c...LW5300/16878618

It's a better brand and you get the 3d blu ray player with it for $300 less.  

Or if you have to stay in the 55" category:

http://www.walmart.c...dingMethod=rr   (same price as what you're looking at but you get more stuff)

Sears is going to have a 51 or 55" zenith plasma tv (1080p 600hz) for $499 that has my interest at the moment.

Edited by dporter, 17 November 2011 - 08:19 AM.

#13 dporter

dporter

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...24388&cp=1&lp=1

There's a current laptop deal for you Witz.

#14 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostBOTA:49, on 12 November 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

About the only thing that really interests me though is the 42' 1080P Sharp TV for $200.  If I can get my hands on one I might have found a replacement monitor for my computer.

Forgetaboutit.

Tizzy's been watching these. You'll never get it. People are ALREADY camping out. Only like the first ten people will get a 'ticket' that guarantees them the TV.

PLUS, the guy camping out is allowed to call ten of his friends and family at the last minute to join him.....INSTANT LINE CUTTING.

Anyone who tries for that stuff is nuts. I'm not allowed to go....my temper won't allow it. I'll Fing kill someone after I stand out on the sidewalk all night just to NOT get what I was hoping for.

View Postdporter, on 17 November 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

Sears is going to have a 51 or 55" zenith plasma tv (1080p 600hz) for $499 that has my interest at the moment.

Huh?   That got my attention....link?
Posted Image

#15 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, I decided I'd rather shell out for something higher end anyway.  There's a 60" Westinghouse for $800 that looks mighty tempting.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#16 dporter

dporter

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

View PostMONOLITH, on 18 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

Huh?   That got my attention....link?

Sorry, busy weekend and I just saw this so I'm sure the sale is over.

I slept  Thursday night after my turkey coma and my hurt body from playing football in the morning (yeah I'm getting old) and my wife went out shopping.  They said it was just insane out there.

I woke up in the morning and got tires put on my car and found that almost all the deals I wanted from the black friday ads were still around.  Picked up two copies of gears 3 and a copy of black ops for my son for $28 a piece.  The stores were empty too.  My wife did swing by target before heading home and they surprisingly still had 3 of their tv door busters left ($250 46" westinghouse I believe).  

Like Mono said with the $200 tv deal you aren't going to get it.  The good news though is that you really don't want that POS anyways.  Certain tv's are made specifically for black friday out of cheaper components such as the one they were selling.  You are better off buying a better brand name that is on sale for a decent price.  I know on Wednesday Walmart released all of their black friday tv deals online (except the doorbusters) and there were some great deals on some LG and Samsung TVs with great specs.

Edited by dporter, 28 November 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#17 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

Old thread I know but forgot to mention did get a decent tv for the time when I was back home. Its the Best Buy brand forgot the name, but worked like a charm and battlefield looked great on it when I played. Better than the monitor I have at my apartment now actually.

For 180 was a pretty good deal too.

Think my father is using it as a 2nd computer monitor now actually while Im away  :rofl: Which is a good thing since you guys would be wondering what Im smoking blowing 200~ on a tv just to use for 2 weeks.

Makes me want to look into a new monitor here in Japan, though  the price diff is going to be there. But around New Years is when they have the literally ONLY sales in this country. So might check then.

So did any of you other guys here find anything good?

Granted the price didnt drop picked up a kindle fire for my father and myself. Its a nice little unit for ebooks. There may be folks complaining that it doesnt have the same functions as an iPad and what not, but really people? Its called an ebook reader for a reason. I think it works great and displays text great.

#18 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

Don't laugh my friend. I am paying for HDTV yet do not get to watch it. Such as the life of a road warrior.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users