#61 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 964 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostJsonedecker, on 04 June 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Those were all Blue vs Blue, unless I am missing your meaning.

I thought you were talking about the MP portions of the games. Such as Death Match etc.

My point was concerning MoH and its MP format of having say the SAS and SOFD-D fighting it out. The concept is stupid (BLUFOR vs BLUFOR as opposed to OPFOR).

Edited by DetCord, 04 June 2012 - 10:47 PM.

"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#62 Basil

Basil

Ranger School Dropout

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

View PostDetCord, on 04 June 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

I thought you were talking about the MP portions of the games. Such as Death Match etc.

My point was concerning MoH and its MP format of having say the SAS and SOFD-D fighting it out. The concept is stupid (BLUFOR vs BLUFOR as opposed to OPFOR).

Would have more sense with the Americas Army approach where the enemy are portrayed as OFPOR type units rather then friendlies shooting friendlies....which can have negative type consequences for real.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

Yeah....Court Martials and a lovely trip to Ft Leavenworth...possibly in front of a Firing Squad (they still do Firing Squads for Military Executions right?)
Ground Branch...Sweet Baby Jesus it's good
We came for the game, we stayed for the community.
It's hotter than two rats screwin in a wool sock out there.

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 16 June 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

When the trolling memes start appearing, you know you have stepped over the line and lost all credibility.

#64 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Dont have any say on the military and what they do, cept google is an amazing thing.
http://en.wikipedia....States_military

But for civilians in Utah there was a request granted for an inmate to have death by firing squad. 4th one in all of the US by firing squad since the reinstatement of the capital punishment system, all of which were carried out in Utah also.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#65 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that OGR MP was Ghosts vs Bad Guys (Insert ones from OGR, DS, IT).
Posted Image

#66 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostKirq, on 05 June 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that OGR MP was Ghosts vs Bad Guys (Insert ones from OGR, DS, IT).

You would be correct actually....to a point...I think it depends on how many teams you had as well...I know PvP you were all BluFor.

View PostWitzbold, on 05 June 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Dont have any say on the military and what they do, cept google is an amazing thing.
http://en.wikipedia....States_military

But for civilians in Utah there was a request granted for an inmate to have death by firing squad. 4th one in all of the US by firing squad since the reinstatement of the capital punishment system, all of which were carried out in Utah also.

I definitely want the firing squad if I ever go crazy enough to just start killing people cause I snapped at their stupidity finally.

When the trolling memes start appearing, you know you have stepped over the line and lost all credibility.

#67 213

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

good lord. so many sloppy consumers. hopefully some of you realize you forfeit the right to complain about mainstream linear shooters if you actually continue buying them.

#68 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,576 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostKirq, on 05 June 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

GR had gametypes like that but PvP types were Ghosts vs Ghosts. I see the point about one unit duking it out with another being odd, but just in case people haven't noticed, GB PvP modes are all GB character types against each other. In individual play everyone wears whatever they want, but when in team modes, everyone on a team will wear the same camo/uniform (not gear).

That is why I care about the topic.

#69 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

View Post213, on 05 June 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

good lord. so many sloppy consumers. hopefully some of you realize you forfeit the right to complain about mainstream linear shooters if you actually continue buying them.

I haven't bought one since BF2BC...and I think I have about 4 hours of game play on that one.

#70 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 964 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostJsonedecker, on 05 June 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

GR had gametypes like that but PvP types were Ghosts vs Ghosts. I see the point about one unit duking it out with another being odd, but just in case people haven't noticed, GB PvP modes are all GB character types against each other. In individual play everyone wears whatever they want, but when in team modes, everyone on a team will wear the same camo/uniform (not gear).

That is why I care about the topic.

Yeah I'm trackin', John. The TvT MP mode in GR had the Ghosts versus Spetnaz, at least it looks like them. Only when it was DM with every man for himself did everyone have a Ghost skin. My only issue with this new iteration of MoH is that it forces you into killing allied SF/AT forces with no other option for MP game-play.
"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

#71 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostDetCord, on 05 June 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Yeah I'm trackin', John. The TvT MP mode in GR had the Ghosts versus Spetnaz, at least it looks like them.

Which took me a while to figure out since wound up shooting jwp by accident. D:

I think the major diff with the riflemen for example is the Russians have watch caps, while the US have actual helmets. The Demolitions guy, though has got that full Spetz facemask (which looks like a welding shield).

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#72 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,576 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

Right DetCord. I'm with you. Sometimes we all use slightly different terminology to describe similar things. Posted Image

#73 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostWitzbold, on 05 June 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Which took me a while to figure out since wound up shooting jwp by accident. D:

I think the major diff with the riflemen for example is the Russians have watch caps, while the US have actual helmets. The Demolitions guy, though has got that full Spetz facemask (which looks like a welding shield).

You didn't shoot me on accident...you shot me on purpose I know you did ;).

#74 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,219 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Postjwp1223, on 05 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

You didn't shoot me on accident...you shot me on purpose I know you did Posted Image.

I really need to stop working so I can join you guys
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#75 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 964 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

I wish they'd chosen my version.

Medal of Honor: Worf-Fighter

Posted Image

Qapla!

Posted Image

#76 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostCpl Ledanek, on 05 June 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

I really need to stop working so I can join you guys

Still working at the strip joint shaking your money maker huh??

#77 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,219 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

View Postjwp1223, on 05 June 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Still working at the strip joint shaking your money maker huh??

Mama needs a brand new bag
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#78 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,219 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

this video interview between Medal of Honor executive producer Greg Goodrich confronts Tom McShea of Gamespot, called "A Matter of Authenticity" is rather interesting.  I thought I'd share it

http://e3.gamespot.c...of-authenticity

then the writer gives the MP this review
http://e3.gamespot.c...re-is-the-honor

so I comment

I think these two are in need of a newer game that is not so mainstream.
A First Person Shooter, where if you get shot and killed, you automatically become spectator or choose to leave the game room and look for another match.  Where "the game" basically highlights how poor of a MP you are.  It basically takes the game out of the excuse, of how your skills are as a gamer.

no more mouse lag
ping excuses
where a game is released, and its community can modify it to its liking.
don't want too much HUD
the community can mod the game.

maybe these two can give Ground Branch a look.  Blackfoot Studio (4-7 developers)  has been trying to develop
their own brand of Tactical Shooter with their own money since 2007.  They launched a Kickstarter for their game: Ground Branch
per their site:
"Ground Branch is based on the real life subsection of the Special Activities Division of the Central Intelligence Agency. The Special Activities Division typically carries out deniable covert operations on foreign soil and often goes into a situation before anyone else, before Special Forces, before the SEALs; SAD Ground Branch is the true tip of the spear. SAD Ground Branch operatives are mainly recruited from Army Special Forces or CAG units and are experts in field craft, surveillance, small arms, hostage rescue and Close Quarters Battle."

no Single Player at this time.  Since there is only 4-7 them, and no writer to make a story.  That's where their fans or Community comes in.  After all, their business mantra is:

"Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community"

go check them out at http://www.kickstart...3/ground-branch

add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#79 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

McShea is a dumb, worthless douche. Look what he wears to do a public video spot. If I was Goodrich I would have hit him and put him on his ass for developers everywhere.
Posted Image

#80 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 964 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostMONOLITH, on 12 June 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

McShea is a dumb, worthless douche. Look what he wears to do a public video spot. If I was Goodrich I would have hit him and put him on his ass for developers everywhere.

Yeah no ######. McShea is supposed to be a journalist, and he shows up to a interview looking like that? Definitely the epitome of unprofessionalism right there. Furthermore, it looks like McShea is jumping on the "Support the Troops" bandwagon simply to stir up controversy, garner a little I'm a champion persona if you will.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users