Started by Witzbold, May 01 2012 07:34 PM

#1 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Looks like its going to the future. Fantastic...

*Deleted the previous footage and just stuck the in game engine only vid in. Nobody wants to hear the dev PR BS anyways.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#2 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,957 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but seriously, why is this not in the Gaming Thread? Posted Image
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#3 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Oh christ... I was not even paying attention. Thats what I get for having multiple BFS forum tabs open and use the wrong one...

Will leave a note for someone to help me un###### this mess again.

At this rate Ill be owing the mods a case of beer lol Posted Image

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#4 Bota:16

Bota:16

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

Not impressed...I can only guess at the budget they have for a COD game, but it looks like a 10 year old game.  The amount of blur/bloom used to hide the low res stuff is atrocious.

BOTA:49 said:

I'm sorry, but that's the equivalent of the Kool Aid guy jumping through my wall, me replastering it, and then the Kool Aid guy jumping back in again. It doesn't make me want any damn Kool Aid!

#5 Aldous

Aldous

BFS Thoracic Surgeon

• Administrator
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

As long as my lightsaber works.
Posted Image

XML is like violence. If it's not working, use more.

#6 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I guess this means no more Ballistic Knife lols for me then. That makes Witzbold very, very sad.

#7 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Posted Image

View PostBota:16, on 01 May 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Not impressed...I can only guess at the budget they have for a COD game, but it looks like a 10 year old game.  The amount of blur/bloom used to hide the low res stuff is atrocious.

Yup, it was my initial thought, it looks really bad.
Posted Image

#8 BS PALADIN

BS PALADIN

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 285 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

Is it any worse than GRFS media?

#9 Nouty

Nouty

Pop up Target

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

OMG, why is this called black ops II? I would call it call of duty: W teh F.

Edited by Nouty, 02 May 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#10 BS PALADIN

BS PALADIN

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 285 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

The Strikeforce mode looks really good, especially if it is co-op. With that a COD game is more Ghost Recon than GRFS lol. Now that is funny.

#11 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Introducing, the least anticipated game ever, the latest installment in the bland FPS franchise... Call of Duty: Black War Ops 6 - World at Modern War Elite Edition

Featuring the same enraging multiplayer that made you quit playing these games four years ago. Suffer at the hands of foul-mouthed teenagers, homophobic tweens, and the guys who are so high, they have to tell you that they are so high.

Reprising his role as the most annoying douchebag in online gaming, fear the cheap tactics of xXxNoScopez420xXx

And coming soon, over-priced map packs that you know you'll buy, justifying these business practices.
"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#12 Glennyboy1

Glennyboy1

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Spot on Det Posted Image

#13 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostGlennyboy1, on 02 May 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Spot on Det Posted Image

Thought as much, matey.

I honestly don't know how they get away with this ###### every few years.
"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#14 SoLViper

SoLViper

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Although the setting is atleast somewhat more original because it's Treyarch, it will still be the same boring gameplay over again because that seems to be what their good at. Copy and pasting.
Posted Image

#15 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Actually to be fair they are saying that the campaign will be non-linear so will be interesting to see how that plays out. Though I really hope that this time they offer co-op through the campaign as they did with World at War. Since that was a pretty enjoyable experience personally. Even if the game was a bit of a dick with how many grenades the AI threw at higher difficulty.

2 quotes from the dev in regards to zombie mode + SP follow below.

"According to Lamia, "If you like zombies, you’re going to be really happy with what we’re doing with Black Ops 2. It’s our biggest, most-ambitious zombies ever."

As far as the single player campaign, Lamia promised that the developer has “done a lot of research into making this plausible near future scenario really resonate with the players.” If that weren't enough, Black Ops 2 won't have a linear campaign. He revealed the game will feature “branching story lines, new non-linear gameplay elements that we’ve been designing into the campaign.”

#16 bangurdead

bangurdead

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Ubisoft said Rainbow Six Vegas 1+2 were non-linear too... that just meant that there were two doors that lead to the same room... Posted Image

I don't think Treyarch or More importantly Activision are going to allow them to to do much of anything different from their past titles.

#17 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

Actually Im sure they might, seeing that there is no real risk with screwing with the SP campaign since most "fans" buy the game for the MP portions anyways. Bigger plus too that the zombie mode is in the Treyarch versions of the series.

If they pull off something interesting with the SP campaign bigger plus on their behalf for sales. If it doesnt do as well, no biggie since once again most people play MP anyways and the game will sell in the at least 1 million range just on the brand name alone.

#18 Bota:16

Bota:16

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

View Postbangurdead, on 03 May 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Ubisoft said Rainbow Six Vegas 1+2 were non-linear too... that just meant that there were two doors that lead to the same room... Posted Image

I don't think Treyarch or More importantly Activision are going to allow them to to do much of anything different from their past titles.

Exactly, a non-linear game is more than just the route you take.

BOTA:49 said:

I'm sorry, but that's the equivalent of the Kool Aid guy jumping through my wall, me replastering it, and then the Kool Aid guy jumping back in again. It doesn't make me want any damn Kool Aid!

#19 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm bored already, just from the promo vid.
Posted Image

#20 N'kEnNy

N'kEnNy

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

I lost all faith in Treyarch when they took the fantastic potential encapsulated within the Black Ops (1) theme and setting-- and turned it into a retextured mashup of WaW and MW2.  ugh.

Personally I think CoD1 and MW1 are amazing games. Interesting and consequential gameplay, grim (if heroic) narrative, and a VERY responsive game engine.   If Call of Duty MW1 had one major fault it would be the lack of 'rythm' in its multiplayer component.  The constant barrage of respawns, tiny (but largely well designed) maps, and non-bullet proof walls turns the franchise into a death-wank that never really reaches any climax.

In comparison look at other action-tactical team games like Counter-Strike, Action Quake2, or even Ghost Recon1.  The fact that death meant something in these titles had major effect on the audience and created a drive to actually work as a team/develop tactics.  While such game modes are present in MW1; the default respawn game-mode sets the theme for the community. (Interestingly this is a flaw of Bad company1-2 also)

CoD at its best offered decent gunplay, intuitive controls, extremely responsive engine, and an entertaining narrative. At its worst it gave us Treyarch.

-k

Kill things, break stuff, repeat as necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users