Posted Image

#2 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Seeing how Bioware and their star wars MMO is kinda dying, dont see how Bethesda expects to do any better.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#3 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 949 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostWitzbold, on 04 May 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Seeing how Bioware and their star wars MMO is kinda dying, dont see how Bethesda expects to do any better.

That was my first and only MMO. I'm not really into the whole WoW, Tera, fantacy genre, sci-fi is my thing and SW:ToR certainly provided that. It was well executed for a MMO, the visuals were excellent (for a MMO), and you can't really beat Bioware where it concerns story and plot. I was really drawn in, big time. That said, I capped at around level 43, logged off one day and never returned. I even joined a guild... ugh.

It's certainly dying a slow death.

The problem with MMO's is that they rarely innovate.
"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#4 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Its kinda bad if something as big as Star Wars can fall apart and when you got a dev house like Bioware behind it.

My guess is it will eventually go the F2P route like many other MMOs of recent times. Only one that has really been surviving all this time would be WoW.

At least SW:ToR looks a lot better than the mess that was SW:G dear god that game was broken.

Do hope that they have some sort of strong plan as to what their selling point with the game will be.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#5 Delta[84]

Delta[84]

Dud Round

• Donator
  • 365 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

I suppose this one will be a pay per month game isn't? Thank God they will still release SP Elder Scrolls.
Posted Image

#6 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

In no way am I in a position to comment on this, but considering how rough TES games are at release and generally well after, I'm afraid to see what an MMO would look like in terms of gameplay issues and such.

They make great games, but if they crash all the time it makes it hard to keep people playing a game that requires you to move at everyone else's pace.
Posted Image

#7 galzohar

galzohar

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

Not to mention the balance issues, that will actually matter when you make the game multiplayer. Well, to me they matter in single player, but for many single player is a good enough excuse to forget about balance issues which is the main reason TES games sell despite of imbalance.
You don't mess with the Zohar!
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/galzohar
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/galzohar
ArmA Israel: http://www.arma-il.info

#8 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

If the game is primarily PvE then balance doesn't mean too much.

I really just wanted a TES game with the ability to play with a few friends. An MMO does little to excite me.
Posted Image

#9 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

In regards to the situation with SW:ToR apparently they lost quite a bit of subscribers.

http://www.eurogamer...-since-february

Do think news like that should have Bethesda worried about their own game. Considering number of Starwars fans vs Skyrim fans cant really be matched equally.

#10 ratoa

ratoa

Dud Round

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

The problem with SW:TOR is that the game is SP game with multiplayer features to make you pay for it monthly, that's what I gather from friends... I'm going to play it soon to see it FOR myself since I'm a fan of the first two.
Good things come to those who wait

Don't look the past.....look the future BFS

#11 N'kEnNy

N'kEnNy

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Elder scrolls game without mod support?  Good luck with that.

-k

Kill things, break stuff, repeat as necessary.

#12 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Dont worry, there will be plenty of HORSE ARMOR to cover that loss, so should be right as rain! Posted Image

Still think sales wise just making an ES game that had actual co-op in it would do a lot better financially than an MMO which isnt exactly a safe bet these days.

#13 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostWitzbold, on 07 May 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Still think sales wise just making an ES game that had actual co-op in it would do a lot better financially than an MMO which isnt exactly a safe bet these days.

My thoughts exactly.
Posted Image

#14 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

#15 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

For an MMO it looks really good. It's just the whole MMO model that I don't care for. The amount of time required to achieve the end-game content is usually way more than I have at my disposal. I much prefer a game where I can progress at my leisure and I would still love to see Bethesda bring me a coop version for their Elder Scrolls series. I doubt it will happen, but one can only dream.
Posted Image

#16 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 949 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostFixxxer, on 09 November 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

For an MMO it looks really good. It's just the whole MMO model that I don't care for. The amount of time required to achieve the end-game content is usually way more than I have at my disposal. I much prefer a game where I can progress at my leisure and I would still love to see Bethesda bring me a coop version for their Elder Scrolls series. I doubt it will happen, but one can only dream.

Have you tried the Skyrim MP Mod yet?
"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

#17 galzohar

galzohar

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostDetCord, on 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Is there one that actually works?
You don't mess with the Zohar!
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/galzohar
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/galzohar
ArmA Israel: http://www.arma-il.info

#18 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

PT Stud

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostDetCord, on 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I haven't played Skyrim. Oblivion left a bad taste in my mouth and without an coop mode I haven't really been too enthused to purchase Skyrim. Sadly, games just aren't what they used to be anymore to me. I find myself going back and playing older games instead of the newer games. Every now and then a new games comes along and surprises me, but it seems to be rare these days.
Posted Image

#19 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 949 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostFixxxer, on 10 November 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

I haven't played Skyrim. Oblivion left a bad taste in my mouth and without an coop mode I haven't really been too enthused to purchase Skyrim. Sadly, games just aren't what they used to be anymore to me. I find myself going back and playing older games instead of the newer games. Every now and then a new games comes along and surprises me, but it seems to be rare these days.

I absolutely hated Oblivion mate but I love Skyrim. If I were you, I'd take a chance on it.

Posted Image

#20 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Skryim with mods is AMAZING.  The vanilla game is alright, but once you find a set of mods that you like, it's a whole different animal.  Turning off the compass, making caves and nights darker, and upping the difficulty makes the game much, much more interesting.

As for TESO, I still think it's terrible.  All I want is future versions of Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim/ whatever to have at least 2 player coop, preferably 4.  4 players, each with at least 1 companion, making 8 man teams, would make for a MUCH more fun game than any MMO.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users