Started by Bota:16, Jun 01 2012 07:50 PM

#21 easyco

easyco

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 341 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Posted on http://indiegames.com/index.html. They did a write up on Take Down when I sent it in.

#22 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Another thread here: http://arma-wargames.../ground-branch/

@Bota and Mods: can the 1st post be updated with new links that are posted, so we have one post to review all locations/what has been done etc.?

TacticalGamer: http://www.tacticalg...ot-studios.html But first post I cannot edit, so it's bumped with KS info in 4th post.
Posted Image

#23 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

In regards to NeoGAF a user named jono51 went and put a link to the kickstarter at the last page of this thread, so that was awesome of him!
http://www.neogaf.co...=469116&page=18

Though do think an actual new thread would help too over there, as it seems the OP of the thread does not seem to be updating it as much as he used to. D: Unfortunately the jono51 guy stated that since hes still a "junior member" he is unable to create a new thread.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#24 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,461 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yes, a new thread at NeoGaf would be great.

#25 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Anyone a user at the cheap ass gamer forums?

Figured this section would be the best for exposure if so.
http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=10

Regardless if people dont post on the thread, just the fact that CAG also has a ton of people there, eyes on the thread and hopefully clicks to the link will follow.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#26 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Seems that the thread at Bohemia Interactive forums from Sic-Disaster has also been moved/deleted. What the.... ? They have an other games section, but pointing people as fans of the game to a Kickstarter campaign is advertising or something Posted Image Weird and sad at the same time.
Posted Image

#27 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Wow, 2,5K bomb has just been deployed! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#28 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,461 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

View Postzoog, on 02 June 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Seems that the thread at Bohemia Interactive forums from Sic-Disaster has also been moved/deleted. What the.... ? They have an other games section, but pointing people as fans of the game to a Kickstarter campaign is advertising or something Posted Image Weird and sad at the same time.

Yeah, they really haven't been to happy with the GB threads over there.

#29 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,793 posts

I wouldn't expect that from BIS... I'm a bit disappointed...
Posted Image

#30 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Cant win em all eh? Time to go find other locations to hit then!

Sending in tips@kotaku.com about the kickstarter "might" help, though would be a better idea to hold off on that till after the E3. As Id hate to imagine what their inboxes look like atm.

Have sent the info off to "Off Duty Gamers" and will see what happens from there.
http://www.offdutygamers.com/

#31 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostWitzbold, on 02 June 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

though would be a better idea to hold off on that till after the E3. As Id hate to imagine what their inboxes look like atm.
That's what I thought as well. And you don't want to spam them (or other media outlets). Maybe there needs to be some kind of coordination with requests at media outlets, just so GB doesn't get a bad rep for 10s of people sending the same mails over and over again which makes their work harder as well. At least I hope RockPaperShotgun will pick up on this as well!
Posted Image

#32 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

What about Tactical Gamer and SimHQ (Magnum Posted Image)? Anyone going to post there?
Posted Image

#33 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

TacticalGamer is already done, started a thread a few weeks back and updated it.
Posted Image

#34 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Oh dont worry Kotaku gets spammed with all sorts of crap. Thats what the tips section is for. lol Though, if John or JC could do some sort of formal request to them that might work, but Id say its the same thing as trying to get em to bit at emails from the tips section. Stephen Totilo is a pretty cool guy, so maybe he would take the time to listen. Though once again yeah most def after E3.

Other things, yeah if people have industry contacts go through those to get to the source with an actual presentation with what its all about. But do agree for most other sites spamming not the greatest idea.

#35 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

I've sent an email to John Walker from RPS, he does the weekly Kickstarter Roundups (like this: http://www.rockpaper...-2nd-june-2012/ ) and asks people to email him about interesting projects. I'll keep you updated if he replies or anything.
Posted Image

#36 GabrielG

GabrielG

Dud Round

• Donator
  • 402 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Here are a couple of suggestions for grassroots promotion:

Gametrailers

IGN

Gamespy

Kotaku

These websites have people commenting on reviews, articles and such. We need to spread the word by talking about Ground Branch in the comments sections of game that are in the same genre. I.e. OFP, ARMA3, GHOST RECON, RAINBOW SIX. I see comments from people wanting the old franchises back all the time.

But please people, don't come off as spammers. Of else, people will discredit you and the game we are trying to promote.

#37 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Bunch of you guys are already at GR.net spreading the word in the existing thread. So might want to add that to the OP list too.

http://www.ghostreco...showtopic=54390

#38 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

John, you need to release the YT KS vid from private to public ASAP.

I can't put that out to my 4000+ subscribes until you do. FYI, I probably received 600+ PM's concerning that channel front-paged video alone when it went public back on April 16th.
"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#39 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

They merged it with the initial GB thread and then locked it.

http://forums.bistud...d-Branch/page12

I've been visiting the BIS forums before they moved and didn't start posting until around the time ArmA 2 came out.  I've been going there less and less because of this attitude over there, and it's not just GB either.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#40 Kirq

Kirq

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

If we only could reach Notch, somehow :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users