Started by TaskForceGreen, Jun 13 2012 07:39 PM

#41 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,370 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

When the trolling memes start appearing, you know you have stepped over the line and lost all credibility.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#42 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 16 June 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

When the trolling memes start appearing, you know you have stepped over the line and lost all credibility.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#43 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostWitzbold, on 16 June 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

TFG am going to be outright / no BS with you and ask this.

Just who are you trying to impress?

The reason why I ask this is take a step back and look at all of your own posts. Then think about this question again. Seriously currently as Snow had kindly mentioned, the current posting style is not doing you any favors credibility wise.

Its great that you like the project and want to help promote it and talk about ideas and such, but as Snow had mentioned right now that energy is just coming off totally wrong unfortunately.

As i said before, not trying to "impress anyone"  (oh and i love how people pasted a photo of SFC Brendan O' Connor from ODA 765 as to somehow say "you are an imposter" lol...nice")

I said i would shut up, and ALSO said i would happily (as a layman to this industry and how it works) try not to "name drop" with what those i spoke of earlier. I only got quasi-specific to assist those just joining in the conversation as not to be rude AND to let those who've donated (while i have very little money doing what i do) that i would love to help in any way I can....

sorry if there is some level of teenage-level angst or hostility towards those comments. I wasn't trying to project any power nor was I trying to "impress" anyone (as i'll say again). Excuse my misstep if I caused anyone to get their bowels in an uproar over even the several VERY brief mentions...and yes, several as they were, again they were only in attempt to assist.....that is all.

Sorry for being somewhat of "johnny come lately" to anyone, or somehow sounding like i was trying to be something I'm not. I ASSURE YOU that what little i say about what i do, who i know, etc is true. I, unlike others, take much pride in knowing that I don't need to be dishonest and dishonor the community in order to accomplish something I'd like to see happen.  

Oh, and most importantly...I have nothing to prove. I never claimed to be a war hero, or hardcore vet, or someone who's got all the hooks in the "industry"....just ONE acquaintance that I thought could help since I had friends who'd worked alongside said people...

Again, lol....sorry to get anyone upset (although i think its a bit premature since none of you know me or what ive tried to do w/ my life). Thanks for being at least quasi-respectful to me (that goes to most of you btw)

...............P.S

If i am not wanted, i understand completely. I may have walked in on a tightly knit group (which is something i comprehend completely as something that angers certain not-so-mature individuals) and said things they took entirely the wrong way.

I'm sure many of you have done MUCH more than I have. And i respect all of you for it. I simply did some private work and didn't sacrifice ANYTHING (except some family time and my safety on VERY few occasions lol). Doing what I do, you learn that its those who don't talk alot that are the ones to be taken the most seriously....so it wouldn't be the first time someone on some game forum thought they knew me or what kind of man i am. Its ok, and I forgive it. Again, it happens. I like to interact, socialize, and have fun with it. I can see that rubbed others the wrong way when I mentioned some people i knew that could possibly help...regardless of how much of a longshot it may have been.

Again, one last time, sorry to anyone who became offended. I have been confused for a "big talker" before until those who said such things actually saw what i'd done/who i was IRL.

Just remember, before you open your mouth to tell someone else they are opening theirs too much, you may want to check your thought process.... because you don't know who they are. I was raised to know this early on....And as you may have noticed, I extended this courtesy to ALL of those involved here....   Take care, brothers

Edited by TaskForceGreen, 19 June 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#44 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

I recently opened a thread with the idea of maybe trying to reach out to people i knew that also work in the gamer world to SOMEHOW see if i could help in any way....

Now, below I am simply going to do my best to not beat around the bush or reiterate anything too many times....please be patient and read on to understand the issue here...

What I had said in a couple "how can i help" type threads has somehow inadvertently caused what seems to be some type of uproar among some other members and thats fine...I can only really give a sh** so much because, to be brutally honest, I don't care if they (or others) feel I "name dropped" or "tried too hard" etc etc. My last bit of my rationale explained below will be the end of it.....

its funny....I work so hard, wake up at 3am, work in not the most extravagant of places, do work most wouldn't want to do, and most of all, am contracted w/ a NDA agreement to boot so I can't explain myself in such situations....thats NOT to say "ooooh! look at me, i do hard stuff and am something special!!"

In fact, quite the ######ing opposite to be exact. I work a mostly boring PSD job where I am told where to be and rarely ever experience any REAL danger. But outside of that, my NDA precludes me from saying anything that may (or may NOT) earn anyone's respect here....which is fine. (and no, the NDA thing doesn't mean "ooooh! he's doing something special!!"....actually not really special whatsoever tbh)

But anways...

It should take A LOT to earn anyone's respect here. Especially being in company of these caliber of people.

If you wish to email me (TaskForceGreen@hotmail.com) to discuss anything further, I will happily do so.

I just wanted to make it VERY clear that if I am somehow no longer considered remotely important enough to contribute or to be included in any discussions involving GB or what can be done to help other than donations, I will not make a big fuss or be butt hurt about it....trust me...lol.

And last thing....
---->>  Again, just remember what i always remember to remind myself.....You never know who you may be talking to and you never know what they may have done. I bring this personal social ethic to this forum, and was surprised that SOME people didn't....I sure hope they weren't a part of the actual SOF "community" because thats not what they train you to act like whatsoever...and if you are in said community, you know what i mean...

So.....No more "name dropping" (lol! give me a break) or anything like that (if thats what y'all feel i was doing....*eyes roll*). I won't keep doing things viewed as "trying too hard" nor will I say/do anything to imply that somehow I know more than anyone else about anything involving the topics discussed.

Sound fair??? I hope so. I don't want to barge in on a game forum where its tightly knit and where things i've said have rubbed any "regulars" around here the wrong way....so.....yeah. thanks for reading all that crybaby crap of mine, and take care brothers....

#45 Lightspeed

Lightspeed

Intel Ninja

• Donator
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

TFG it's not that anyone here disrespects you at all so don't take it that way. We welcome in all and welcome the debates and discussions we all have talking about one of our passions, tactical gaming.

But the rambling about I know this and I've been here n there but can't say anything more ya da ya da ya da is completely unnecessary and way over the top.

So more of the interesting talk Bout tactical gaming and what that means to you, and less about the secret squirrel stuff. ;)

#46 Swedish_Seb

Swedish_Seb

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,285 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Well said, 'Speed, well said.
"With a good iron pipe one strikes the whole world with astonishment."
- Socker-Conny (1961-1989)
Posted Image

#47 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

We got loads of folks here who are from all different walks of life. So as LS mentioned its not about you, just the posting style is what had everyone scratching their heads or raising eyebrows. Esp with it being the internet and all that so  folks sum up one another by how they write & present themselves basically.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#48 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

*sigh*

TFG... I merged your two threads.

Do not start a new thread about YOU.

We get it.

Just act normal now.

Thanks.
Posted Image

#49 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Alright Josh....it's over. ~MONO
Ground Branch...Sweet Baby Jesus it's good
We came for the game, we stayed for the community.
It's hotter than two rats screwin in a wool sock out there.

#50 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostLightspeed, on 19 June 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

TFG it's not that anyone here disrespects you at all so don't take it that way. We welcome in all and welcome the debates and discussions we all have talking about one of our passions, tactical gaming.

But the rambling about I know this and I've been here n there but can't say anything more ya da ya da ya da is completely unnecessary and way over the top.

So more of the interesting talk Bout tactical gaming and what that means to you, and less about the secret squirrel stuff. Posted Image

Again, sorry if i "rambled" but i had a lot to say. And where did i go on and on about "i've done this and that" and how i'm a secret squirrel etc????? LMAO

I just said "I do a boring job" and "I wouldn't assume things about anyone without knowing more about them. Opening mouths about someone else can look ignorant when you don't know what they've done"

What i mean by "what they've done" is not that i have done ANYTHING special, cool, bad ass, or anything of the sort. Looks like you guys have had one too many laptop commandos and are maybe just a tad quick to call me one???? maybe?? I could be wrong....just an observation.

Again, I only rambled because i was pretty upset that I was being lumped in with the weirdos who claim this or that when, in fact, i was just trying to help (and as a layman no less!).

Sorry guys...Again, i won't be a dick and stay where I wouldn't be wanted (or be in a forum where my contributions would just be obnoxious). I am not that type of guy, and if I am blind to the fact that I've already been designated as such...then...well...its all good i guess.

You guys stay cool, and let me know if i've overstayed my welcome k?? Best wishes to your families  (if I get told to bail myself, i mean)
Also, thanks for being such interesting folks (those of you i did talk with....i.e admin/mods etc) and thanks for being appreciative for my weaksauce efforts to further GB lol...i know they weren't much good.

#51 DetCord

DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostTaskForceGreen, on 21 June 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Again, sorry if i "rambled" but i had a lot to say. And where did i go on and on about "i've done this and that" and how i'm a secret squirrel etc????? LMAO

I just said "I do a boring job" and "I wouldn't assume things about anyone without knowing more about them. Opening mouths about someone else can look ignorant when you don't know what they've done"

What i mean by "what they've done" is not that i have done ANYTHING special, cool, bad ass, or anything of the sort. Looks like you guys have had one too many laptop commandos and are maybe just a tad quick to call me one???? maybe?? I could be wrong....just an observation.

Again, I only rambled because i was pretty upset that I was being lumped in with the weirdos who claim this or that when, in fact, i was just trying to help (and as a layman no less!).

Sorry guys...Again, i won't be a dick and stay where I wouldn't be wanted (or be in a forum where my contributions would just be obnoxious). I am not that type of guy, and if I am blind to the fact that I've already been designated as such...then...well...its all good i guess.

You guys stay cool, and let me know if i've overstayed my welcome k?? Best wishes to your families  (if I get told to bail myself, i mean)
Also, thanks for being such interesting folks (those of you i did talk with....i.e admin/mods etc) and thanks for being appreciative for my weaksauce efforts to further GB lol...i know they weren't much good.

Now you've gone off on a tangent, mate... again. No one claimed or suggested otherwise concerning any of the above, but you certainly came off as such in certain instances.

You made some really good points concerning game-play, and I hope you won't plob off simply because of this. Personally speaking, I'd like to hear more where it concerns your issues with the game and facets there of.

You were in the military, and I'm certain you know how to take anything with a grain of salt.

Edited by DetCord, 21 June 2012 - 12:16 AM.

"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#52 Colin

Colin

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

TFG I have read some of the stuff you write and in it there is some good things, you will find in this forum a lot of us are exe this or exe that and we have seen and heard most of it before and then some.

I can tell you one thing if any guys here really had a problem with your posting you would have known about already and it would not have been nice to read.

Can I give you some advice,                 before you post type it out first have a read and then if you think it reads ok past it into the thread, there are a lot of good people from all over the world here, and they have done things in life that they are proud of and not so proud of, there is also a lot of experience in here both in life and in the military and SOF SEAL ETC you are mixing with some of the best in the world.

Remember that when posting, you seem a nice enough fella, don't let yourself down by typing ..............what shall I say unthoughtful posts you will be respected for it in the long run and people will read and reply what you have to say.

Cheers.
Posted Image

#53 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

I will say that we are not trying to chase you off. It can be hard for newcomers to come into the community here and try to fit in especially when people here have been around since the inception of this forum. That said, if you are yourself, let people know who you are and once accepted (we do have low requirements really), fill us in on some of what you have done, it will not be so bad.

There are many pages here that discuss what should and shouldn't be in the game. The video John posted for the KS campaign is a result of many days and months of this community, and him and Hatchetforce, discussing potential features. Fans have made a direct impact on this game and what it will have. This forum is full of all of those discussions and with a few moments worth of reading, are very informative, even if they are a few years old.

Stick around, kick off your shows, relax and be yourself, just remember that there is a fine line to trolling and being yourself. No one here will begrudge you for speaking your mind about a particular option or feature if you can show how it will be beneficial to gameplay or development if you follow NORG to see it through.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#54 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'm moving the thread to the support group area.
Posted Image

#55 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Wow.....I appreciate the outpour of really great support. I have to admit (shamefully) that I didn't expect it. When i said "if i am not wanted, i understand", i really did truly expect to hear "Good! be gone long one!!" (sorry, i have young siblings who watch too much disney robin hood)

I didn't expect to see such a great group of people just suddenly come together on one thread and say "its all good brother".

And btw, I hope i never gave off the impression I was anything related to the SOF community etc. I kinda noticed that a few responses may have implied that *maybe* i was kinda giving that off...let me tell ya, being in private work, I couldn't respect SOF guys more, and wouldn't dare disrespect or dishonor such hard mother######ers jk....Sorry for my french, again a little Gen Kill reference there. But THANK YOU ALL for being quite a bit more welcoming than i had expected after our last conversations, and I can't emphasize my shame enough for expecting otherwise.

Forums can kinda jade guys like me....Big time. I am not someone who is particularly quick to judge, but sometimes i catch myself doing so without even knowing it, and again, feel ashamed that it may have happened here.

Anyways, initial crybaby rant over. I can't keep writing novel-sized posts here and then expect this gracious hospitality to continue...lol.right??

But thanks again, y'all....

So on the subject of GB, I spoke with "someone" and it sounds like MOH 2012 is gonna be "alright" at best in terms of certain aspects of MP. I think it's neat that you can play as worldwide Tier 1, but that seems to be their big selling point and it's gonna hurt them. WHy? Because i Just found out they are using the SAME MODEL for Hardcore Mode as they did in the first one (and the first MOH was a disaster in MP...only SP had my respect because of nature of its story).

Apparently, regen health is back, but in HC, its removed, meaning that people (although will be easier to kill) will still take more than a good solid "double tap" to put down....

....Which brings me back to GB. This game is so necessary right now. There are something like a hundred fifty forum members (i think) who have posted requests for MOH's MP to take a more GB-type "Mil-sim"-ish approach to ballistics, terminal ballistics, and weapon system  authenticity (although i was pleased to see LaRue w/ the MOH guys!! The fact that they are bringing in real brands is gonna be a welcome change)

Man, i am just counting the days until my next check that i DO NOT have to spend on my fam (fiance actually), house, bills, etc and that I can just blow on Kickstart for GB!!! I am so excited...I feel like a kid. I know it sounds lame and like some kiddie-like two year old getting his favorite sugar cereal at the store, but I am actually really that stoked on GB. Hope you guys bring it out to the masses before year's end somehow. It would take the indy gaming world (and maybe even the mil-sim and big title FPS world) by storm!!

#56 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Posted Image Dude... your rambling again

I KID! I KID!

Posted Image
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#57 jwp1223

jwp1223

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!!

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image
Ground Branch...Sweet Baby Jesus it's good
We came for the game, we stayed for the community.
It's hotter than two rats screwin in a wool sock out there.

#58 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

stop it jwp .... I'll give you cupcakes?
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#59 MONOLITH

MONOLITH

BFS SECURITY

• 7,032 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

Serenity now
Serenity now
Serenity now.......
Posted Image

#60 Snowfella

Snowfella

BFS Arms "Dealer"

• Donator
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Woosah Mono ;) Find your happy place big guy.

Has-been, now retired for good.....maybe :devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users