Started by TaskForceGreen, Jun 13 2012 11:16 PM

#1 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hey, i was thinking this site needs (or maybe just the GB portion?) a more diff approach to responding to posts..

For instance, i type a response, post it, then type another and they are BOTH crammed into the same box on the actual thread....

I don't think there is a way to seperate the two boxes and its really bothering me because it makes me appear to be a thread hog and it makes my posts look really, really, really long even tho i am talking about two or three diff things and making two or three separate posts about said things

am i just doing it wrong or....?

#2 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,622 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

If you're talking about posting several times in a row, that's generally frowned upon.  It happens sometimes, especially if you're bumping an older thread with an update that you were the last one to post in, but for more current threads you're much better off editing your post instead of making another one if your the last one posting.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#3 Snowfella

Snowfella

BFS Arms "Dealer"

• Donator
  • 2,038 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

Think it's just something that happens if you reply multiple times into one thread without anyone else replying inbetween, rather than leave you with several posts in a row it just consolidates them into one longer post.
Not sure how long it has to be between post before it doesn't consolidate them though.

Has-been, now retired for good.....maybe :devil:

#4 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

I think the time is pretty short? I know Ive screwed up with that a few times? Perhaps 5 mins?

Regardless yeah its generally better to just "edit" your own post if you think of something else to add to the initial comment you had written. Posted Image The command should be in the lower right hand side of the post itself. Same place that you see "Report, MultiQuote, Quote"

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users