Started by MurDoc, Jun 15 2012 11:18 AM

#1 MurDoc

MurDoc

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Is there a reason why GB isn't on there?

This is sister site to moddb.com, both sites draw in thousands of people a month. Who are looking for new and unique games. GB should tap into that.

#2 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

help me bring up GB more pls
http://www.indiedb.c...n-syria/#750370

http://www.indiedb.c...nch-kickstarter

let's keep bumping the thread
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#3 SiC-Disaster

SiC-Disaster

Human Claymore

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

BFS should probably make their own page on there. Forum topics never hurt but I'm sure IndieDB can do more than that, and give the project a home of it's own that people can follow.

Edited by SiC-Disaster, 15 June 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#4 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,393 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

I went to indieDB and tried to get a BFS account going. I may be dumb, but I can only seem to sign up as an individual and not register a company/game. What am I missing here?

#5 SiC-Disaster

SiC-Disaster

Human Claymore

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Not sure. Maybe you have to sign up as an individual first? I have no clue.

EDIT: had a quick look at one of the developer pages and there was a page there for team members. So I guess that is the way to do it.

Edited by SiC-Disaster, 15 June 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#6 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I sent an email to them.

#7 MurDoc

MurDoc

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Signup as a user, then you setup your group(studio) and project page. Other Devs must also Signup to be added to the group.

And everybody else Signup too, so you can rate it once it goes live.

#8 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostMurDoc, on 15 June 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Signup as a user, then you setup your group(studio) and project page. Other Devs must also Signup to be added to the group.

And everybody else Signup too, so you can rate it once it goes live.

Flash mob? hehe
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

#9 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Ok, I created a BFS page. It's awaiting autorization, so I'll post here once it's live.

#10 MurDoc

MurDoc

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Cool, while we wait here's something interesting i found on indiedb: http://www.indiedb.c...es/rogue-reborn

Brings back memories but sadly that project is dead silent. Year ago, it was strong for couple months with almost weekly updates. It drew in 30,000 hits and about 300subs in that time. Imagine the numbers if it kept it up for a year.

#11 Dizzybone

Dizzybone

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostMurDoc, on 15 June 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Cool, while we wait here's something interesting i found on indiedb: http://www.indiedb.c...es/rogue-reborn

Brings back memories but sadly that project is dead silent. Year ago, it was strong for couple months with almost weekly updates. It drew in 30,000 hits and about 300subs in that time. Imagine the numbers if it kept it up for a year.

I know a lot of people who we're really rooting for that project to be successful.  It dosent surprise me that the project got a lot of attention despite the fact that nobody had a clue who that developer was.  I dont just suspect, i know, there is a gigantic number of people who would kill to have an exact rogue spear replica, so many people in fact it would probably put serellans community to shame.

I was never a ghost recon player, but I still support GB over Takedown because I've been here since 07, and im just loyal like that. its been rather disparaging lately however, with all this kickstarter business, it seems like GB has increasingly separated itself from rainbow 6 and is now even being described as a mix of Ghost Recon and "INF" i never heard of INF, but i youtubed some video's and yeah.... its a sort of tactical game..... which dosent exist anymore. it was a major mistake in my opinion, when youre appealing to old school fans of red storm, you dont throw some ###### named "INF" into the mix, thats just my opinion.  the only time you hear of r6 mentioned with GB anymore is when its followed by John's name for the fact that he worked on it.

It's great for you ghost recon diehards, and i know for a fact i will love this game, but its just so frustrating because like i said, im sort of part of this underground r6 community, and only someone like me who has been in on it for over a decade, knows just how massive the numbers are for fans wanting a Rogue Spear remake...

if ever one day the words "rogue" and "remake" appear on a kickstarter page, i will bet anything youde be amazed at the crazed support it would get. something along the lines of one of those ######ty zombie RPG's that are always successful making a million $ +

i can only pray someday a developer will have the logic to reap the benefits of such a project, until then we have 2 awesome games to look forward to.

Edited by Dizzybone, 15 June 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#12 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

I can't remember where I saw it, but John has always maintained that GB will be similar to GR in that it will feature larger open maps, but, and this is a big but, it will also feature CQB that RSE first brought to gamers attention with Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear. That is why it has been mentioned that there will be buildings that can be entered and doors that can be kicked in. Ground Branch will combine the best features of R6/RS and GR into one game. That is part of the hook of this game. If it seems that R6 fans are being slighted, it is not intentional, far from it.

Rest assured, John and the rest want to forward what RSE originally started and move what those games were on into a new dimension and advance those games in the way that they should have instead of the way another company did. Let the R6 fans you know that GB will be the game that they want and will be a whole package instead of just featuring one part of the previous games that are the second cousins to GB.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#13 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

Don't worry, there will be PLENTY of Rogue Spear influence and gameplay in GB. It has always been a mix R6 and GR.

I'd love to do a R6/RS remake but Ubi's lawyers would be on me faster than I could type this. Unfortunately you just can't go making remakes of games like that. And I would be surprised if the guy making Rogue Reborn didn't get a virtual visit himself.

#14 Colin

Colin

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostWhiteKnight77, on 15 June 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

I can't remember where I saw it, but John has always maintained that GB will be similar to GR in that it will feature larger open maps, but, and this is a big but, it will also feature CQB that RSE first brought to gamers attention with Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear. That is why it has been mentioned that there will be buildings that can be entered and doors that can be kicked in. Ground Branch will combine the best features of R6/RS and GR into one game. That is part of the hook of this game. If it seems that R6 fans are being slighted, it is not intentional, far from it.

Rest assured, John and the rest want to forward what RSE originally started and move what those games were on into a new dimension and advance those games in the way that they should have instead of the way another company did. Let the R6 fans you know that GB will be the game that they want and will be a whole package instead of just featuring one part of the previous games that are the second cousins to GB.

GB Is like where red storm should have gone before UBI screwed it up, did I just say that, I`m bad.

good post mate and true.
Posted Image

#15 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostDizzybone, on 15 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

it seems like GB has increasingly separated itself from rainbow 6 and is now even being described as a mix of Ghost Recon and "INF" i never heard of INF, but i youtubed some video's and yeah.... its a sort of tactical game..... which dosent exist anymore. it was a major mistake in my opinion, when youre appealing to old school fans of red storm, you dont throw some ###### named "INF" into the mix, thats just my opinion.  the only time you hear of r6 mentioned with GB anymore is when its followed by John's name for the fact that he worked on it.
Actually, since it's an MP release, and assuming both long range engagements and CQB are correctly implemented, modders have a large influence as well to make it feel like playing R6, GR or a combination of those. Because it basically comes down to map size and type (for MP of course!! not SP!). This game can be anything you want it to be, I see it as a platform for possibilities like the Arma series, but with a better base to work from. So small maps with only buildings and CQB gives R6 feel. Large maps with woodland and long range engagements gives GR feel. And you can have anything in between to mix and match.
Posted Image

#16 MurDoc

MurDoc

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

I'm pretty sure we'll see R6 remake maps for GB from modders. And lots of servers running them 24/7.

#17 ApexMods

ApexMods

Ranger School Dropout

• Donator
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

If When I have the time, I'll mod the ever-loving ###### out of this game!

Posted Image

THERE'S A NEW GHOST RECON. IT'S CALLED GROUND BRANCH.

#18 Colin

Colin

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostApexMods, on 16 June 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

If When I have the time, I'll mod the ever-loving ###### out of this game!

Apex Tinker was in here the other day looking to talk about the AI situation and maps give him a shout.
Posted Image

#19 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostJsonedecker, on 15 June 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Ok, I created a BFS page. It's awaiting autorization, so I'll post here once it's live.
It's live: http://www.indiedb.c...ackfoot-studios

Ground Branch page still offline though.

#20 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

It's never "will" an R6 map be modded....

It's "when"
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users