DetCord

Sapper

• Donator
  • 819 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Won't see this in the main-stream news.

Chinese plane in Xinjiang hijack attempt

Passengers and crew on board a Chinese jet foiled a hijacking attempt by six people on Friday in the restive western region of Xinjiang.

Chinese state media said six people on board Tianjin Airlines flight GS7554 from Hotan to Urumqi had tried to “violently” take over the plane ten minutes after take-off. Xinjiang has seen sporadic violence over the past few years between local Muslim Uighurs and Han Chinese migrants. The authorities have repeatedly blamed violence on Uighur separatists bent on splitting Xinjiang into an independent state. A spokesman for the provincial government said the six hijackers had been Uighurs. “At the moment, we do not know the purpose of the hijack. It is still under investigation.”

The hijackers were rapidly overpowered by crew and passengers, but seven people were injured in the fracas. The flight returned to Hotan airport and the six people were arrested...

Posted Image

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9365032/Chinese-plane-in-Xinjiang-hijack-attempt.html

Edited by DetCord, 30 June 2012 - 11:59 PM.

"It's probably because games that need to change, don't, and games that don't need to change, do."  -  Psychomorph

Posted Image

http://www.flybevirt...ures/BEE114.png

#2 Witzbold

Witzbold

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 4,156 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Yeah I had seen some reports on that, but the funny thing is the whole Islamist side of things was not talked about at all. *The early reports anyways, news sites now are talking about it CNN being one of them for example.
---

On the topic of news you heard about the shooting at Bragg right? Damned tragic stuff.

"I do nothing different than does anybody when they go work for IBM or any other corporation in the world. Is that corporation doing a service or disservice to society? And if you believe they are doing a disservice and you still work for them what does that make you?" - Slavko Ilic

"You will take over a small central African country, and make five hundred dollars." - soldier of fortune cookies

#3 loosebruce

loosebruce

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Call me weird but when I saw that picture I had a flashback to Rainbow Six Rogue Spears plane mission.

"All teams move out!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users