Started by TaskForceGreen, Jul 13 2012 08:36 PM

#1 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Sorry, i know this might be best for the "off-topic" area of the forum, but I wanted to post it here to see as many responses as possible (as the off topic section doesn't get as much traffic it seems). Also i apologize because of the length of this post, but i really need your opinions and I very much value them as many of you have been amazing guys to talk to.

I am currently working with some vets in San Diego (many from USNAVSPECWAR down in south SD where i live and also some of the USMC local communities near Camp Pendleton etc) and since the beginning of the program, I have noticed it's becoming a huge success. Lots of these guys have been either recently wounded etc and/or are no longer able to perform their duties and so I decided to gather em all together to engage in fun activites like playing video games, watching films and having discussions, going out together, and most recently, engaging in creative writing (which has been a stunning success as many of these guys have amazing stories).

Anyways, a weird side effect of this has been a new writing project that I've started with a few of the guys from the SOF community as well as some of my long time friends who work in private security firms here and in neighboring areas.
So a while back, I began (with their help) started writing an ebook series called "BEYOND DANGER CLOSE: The Private Wars in Mexico" and we have just finished the first three installments. Its kinda like Tears of the Sun meets Breaking Bad meets Savages (that new oliver stone flick...although i haven't seen it yet it seems to cover a similar topic w/ the Cartels here where i live).

Anyways, I wanted the Ground Branch communities' opinion on this and see if something like this would be of any interest to y'all if it were to be released. My older brother does web design for NavySEALs.com and SEALFIT.com and so we are thinking about releasing it (at first) thru this site possibly.

The story follows TRUE EVENTS based on many of the former SOF interviewees I have spoken with over the last two years and it tells the story of their involvement in the quasi-covert operations being undertaken because of a new directive and was put together by a joint DoD/DEA/Pentagon committee to contract out several PMCs and private sec firms (like the old SD-based TITAN GROUP and a several others I can't honestly mention for multiple reasons). Those sources involved (including some of the DoD officials etc) were mostly only cooperating under the strict condition of anonymity. Because of this, I ended up fictionalizing some aspects of it as well...i.e some names changed, places/settings of certain engagements changed, etc....It had to be done this way to be respectful AND of course, for OPSEC purposes (since there were certain elements assisting in SIGINT/HUMINT etc alongside the PMC's personnel).

The contract and the story behind it  (which in a way is very similar to the story of how Executive Outcomes intervened on behalf of several countries back in the 90s to engage hostile rebel forces like the RUF etc) is absolutely unbelievable. As we speak, there is a shooting war going on involving Cartel-hired paramilitary elements (some of whom were actually trained by Iranian IRGC "Al Quds/Quds Force" advisors in Venezuela under the employ of Chavez himself!!). The peak of our guys' op tempo occurred between the '07-'09 time frame and, to me, they are absolute heroes. They came to areas like Neuvo Laredo and Monterey and were able to free numerous towns their with little to no assistance from indigenous LEA and other US LE assets.

The story mostly follows one particular PMC and it's lead element (known as a RATTLR team=Rapid Asymmetric Tactics Team-Lead Response) which is led and composed of mostly former Tier 1 operators from multiple SMUs and other ex-SOF. It could be really interesting imho and I just wanted to know if this series was released in the next few months online, would anyone around here ever think that reading something like that would be neat or even remotely exciting? Or does it sound totally boring?

Edited by TaskForceGreen, 13 July 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#2 Jet

Jet

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Sounds cool, why not right? But I assure you there are much better communities who might be interested in something like this rather than this small and mostly inactive forum.

Edited by Jet, 13 July 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#3 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

I see what you mean...but still, the guys around here are REALLY cool dudes from my experiences talking to people on here and I think that, since MANY of them are former US military and ex-SOF/ODA/etc, they may have an opinion on this whole thing. I would really value that opinion also because, once I post the first installment on the internet, its gonna be all I work on for the next year or two. There will be a "teaser"/promo excerpt I will release on a local frog site hopefully this weekend (or next week at the latest) and it will kinda introduce everything (and will be free).
I just hope the guys around here get a chance to check it out and give me their HONEST TO GOD feedback...I don't care how brutal it is....I need to hear it.

To me, these guys at ESS/Executive Security Solutions (the "name" i gave to the main PMC in the e-series) are heroes. The ACTUAL real life PMC itself has a much more vague name (and i believe is owned by L-3 communications or something random like that...lol) and it's people are just as gnarly as it gets....

Many of them, being former Rangers/Delta/DevGru/TFOrange, are just such great, solid dudes who don't seek any recognition yet they are fighting a massive war against these paramilitary groups who are seriously armed to the teeth with gear you wouldn't believe....I am talking about Soviet AND United States hardware (such as Mk 19s and Dylan Aero minis!!). Yes, no joke. Some of our boys are actually facing that high-speed stuff out there and STILL are winning (for the most part) event tho they are highly outnumbered as well.

Edited by TaskForceGreen, 13 July 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#4 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,255 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

There are many here who are ex military such as myself. There are many here who are active duty like DetCord. As far as SF type guys, the only one I know who has posted regularly at any time is Hatchetforce, but that does not mean that there are not any that lurk around here.

That said, I think that there would be some here who would like to read what you have written. I would also ask John if it would be OK to advertise/give it away here first though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#5 V2_Bloodline

V2_Bloodline

Master Blaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

@TFG: Instead of in the BFS forums, why don't you try here instead: http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/

#6 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

I would be very interested.
Posted Image

#7 Jakethejake

Jakethejake

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

I would love to read this.

#8 Caliber

Caliber

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

I love this type of stuff! I would definitely be interested.

#9 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Wow...thanks for the support guys!!!   and @WHITEknIGHT77, sorry if it seemed to come across as "advertising" cuz that is DEFINITELY not my intention (by that, I mean that the OP was not some plug for it etc). If John is not happy with my asking everyone's thoughts, I would happily remove that OP.

I have been just working on this thing for so long now and haven't really gathered the "general consensus", so to speak, from those people whose opinions I would value most...and I guess I knew this forum might provide an unbiased environment for people to say whether a story about a REAL actual PMC doing the job our LEAs couldn't would be of interest.

Oh and btw, a new piece just popped up in Nuevo Laredo (google it if you get a chance, but otherwise i will put up link later) where the DA element for the Co. just went and did the largest raid since the Monterey/Lupas raid of '09 (although you may not find alot on that for obvious reasons). I am trying to incorporate it in time for Aug (thats the date for series' release thats being aimed for)

Anyways, thanks you guys...I am so glad to hear this stuff wouldn't be boring etc to others like myself who are interested in the more "unspoken" heroes and their exploits in a conflict ten times more violent than OIF/OEF

#10 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

oh...and if anyone has any questions or anything about the material or it's authenticity as well, please don't hesitate to ask....

and oh, i also will be asking to move this to the off-topic section if I am asked by mods/admin. I don't wanna cause any issues, just want as much honest feedback as humanly possible from the best possible group to ask

#11 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,255 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

I think you misinterpreted what I said mate. John is a fair man and if asked, I am sure that he would not object to you posting a link to your stuff, but I was saying that you should ask him before you do post said link. I may not have said it as well as I could have from the looks of things. Sorry if there is or was a misunderstanding.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

No worries brother...I didn't take what you said out of context or anything i promise. I know what you meant Posted Image ...I just wanted it to be clear that if it seemed a bit "tacky" so to speak to ask for such opinions on here, that i wouldn't have any issue removing it etc.

So by the way, i said i would get a link about the raid involving the Joint SOF/ESS RATTLR task unit but it is saying in the article that "local law enforcement and federal agencies" made the raid lol....so that was a bust....but not entirely unexpected. As i say (and so do many others) in the ebook, credit usually goes elsewhere. Especially if shots are fired

#13 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,255 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

:thumbsup:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Oh and sorry...RATTLR stands for Rapid Asymmetric Tactics Team-Lead Response..they are the PMCs lead ground element in all of this. All former SOF and many former Tier 1 elements in these PMCs. The raid is getting more attention now in Monterey but in Juarez, there's nothing being said i guess. Will look harder for you guys to see what i mean....its epic   Our boys came and conquered

#15 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

....oh and if anyone wants to PM me for a snippet, i'd love to get direct feedback also.

#16 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

if anyone wishes to email me, i have the teaser/promo excerpt from the book ready to go out to all the sites etc. Its not long, just a intro/prologue, a few excerpts telling of a few of the more exciting raids/engagements during the spike in '09 in Mexico's worst areas, and a bit about the Iranian trained & Venezuelan advised Cartel paramilitary groups etc that work alongside the Zetas and Sicarios. It also tells of the relationship between JSOC's involvement (or more like it's "unofficial" involvement) with the PMCs and both of their SIGINT/HUMINT elements' work.

Also, if any mods/admin wish for me to move this topic elsewhere, i would be happy to do so. I apologize for placing it here originally as it is so...

p.s   just send me a PM or go to that "send message" thing on my member name etc. That way I can share my email with ya

#17 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Ok, so I just got some MORE news (if anyone is even still interested anymore haha). There was a rescue of a local aspiring journalist (about 13 yrs old i heard) by an "unknown group"!!! It was located approx 26 mi from the *exact location* of that recent raid involving the same PMC in Eastern Monterey in one of those "outland areas", so to speak, near the town of La Rianazez (did i spell that correctly? lol i have no idea but if someone can correct me great).

The "unknown group" (presumably, if my source is right, were an amalgamation of JSOC SOF and ESS RATTLR units) made entry, found the teen, and were able to also detain about seven others (EPWs i guess?? lol...no idea what they are called. I guess just "detainees"). Its also being said that the whole remaining "Felix" arm of the Cartel thats been on the news lately is already posting responses to the original raid and will probably do the same about the rescue.

In my opinion, they shouldve just shot those pieces of **** on site and saved themselves the hassle and zipties (what a waste of plastic cuffs i say). Anyone who kidnaps some aspiring teenage journalist is a total worthless scumbag

#18 Lavi

Lavi

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'm sure a number of this community would be interested in reading this. It might even inspire some of our modders.

#19 TaskForceGreen

TaskForceGreen

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

Has this topic been moved? Cant seem to find it

#20 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

So how were you able to post in it lol. It's still in the Ground Branch section, or are you just looking for a reason to bump the thread :whistle: :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users