Started by Jsonedecker, Aug 12 2012 07:44 AM

#1 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,461 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

I believe that we have a good plan moving forward and I would like to share it with you.

Firstly, we have a few new team members that are going to greatly help the development of Ground Branch. A few key missing pieces have been filled and GB will be an even more unique first person experience than it was going to be before. Our movement and shooting mechanics will be truly unique as we are now able to fully implement our original True First Person plans, as well as other new features surrounding shooting and moving. There will be no compromises. I will be going into more detail about the new team members in a news post.

Next, we are getting things ready to have a more open and consistent news/blog feed going. I would like to get something posted by one of us at least once a week but no more than every other week if possible. This blog/news will be a roadmap and lead up to either a new Kickstarter or some sort of "pay for early access" setup like Desura. Either way, we are going to have a playable demo at the start of either so people can see exactly what they are supporting. We feel that the only way to convince most people is to let them play it. :) How long until we get there? I'm not sure. But, you have all seen what we have in place to this point so we are continuing to build on a solid foundation.

Finally, we are finalizing a new T-Shirt we will be selling. Final art is being completed and once it is I'll open up the store. It is the Ground Branch unit logo on the front. We will be sourcing it here at a local shop as they are giving us a great deal. The money raised form the shirts will be going towards paying for some much needed and specific help in development to get the playable demo ready. People want to donate, but I have always been reluctant to do it as I want people to get something in return. So the T-Shirt idea seems like the best approach. The shirt will have a $25 price, but will also allow you to pay more if you like. Your choice.

So there you have it. We should be firing up the blogs over the next week or two and hopefully have the shirts going up in the same time frame. It's still a lot of hard work and a rocky road ahead, but I don't thing we have ever been in a better position to get there than we actually are today.

#2 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,327 posts
  • Platform:PC gamer

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

I do want a new t-shirt. Will there be color options or just one color? (I do like the grey ones, but black will be fine too). I need a new one to go with my other GB and BFS t-shirts.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#3 chainbreaker

chainbreaker

Ranger School Dropout

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

thxz for the update ;)

#4 zoog

zoog

Master Blaster

• Contributor
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for the update John & Team. Good that the KS helped, albeit in a different way than expected. Great that you guys are getting extra help.
Posted Image

#5 MurDoc

MurDoc

Moving Target

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

I want a grey shirt too.

I think blog posts are great idea, it will educate the community so we can better spread the word during the next KS. But I think they will lack exposure so they should be reposted on IndieDB maybe even on reddit too.

Also newsletter them to us and tactical sites.

Edited by MurDoc, 12 August 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#6 Stryk

Stryk

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the update. Sounds good.

#7 MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack

Ranger School Dropout

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

This is great news.  Any news is great news since we are more up to date with things that are going on on the development side of things :-D.  
And we all know that this amazing game will be made/finished ;)  

From Russia with love,
Massive Attack
We all think that we are healthy while we adjust ourselves to a sick society.

#8 easyco

easyco

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the update!

#9 Nemesis

Nemesis

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Good news...but don't drop the ball. What I mean is in the past you've tried donations...they then closed....a monthly newsletter....that stopped...then you tried the store...that closed....then a kickstarter....that failed didn't meet the intended target... is this just something more that will be dropped in a few months time?!
Sorry John I know you don't need a negative post but I hope you see its a valid point....the underlying reasons & aim have always remained constant with a try anything approach but it also needs to be consistent. Posted Image
Regards
Nemesis

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

#10 Jsonedecker

Jsonedecker

Grand Poobah!

• Administrator
  • 8,461 posts
  • Platform:None Selected

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

I guess all my efforts to make this happen have been wasted.

Ok, we won't waste our time on the T-Shirts and blog then. We'll see you guys whenever the game is finally done. Leaves us more valuable time to put towards the game anyway.

#11 Caliber

Caliber

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostJsonedecker, on 12 August 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Ok, we won't waste our time on the T-Shirts and blog then. We'll see you guys whenever the game is finally done. Leaves us more valuable time to put towards the game anyway.

You've got people here supporting you, don't let a few posts get you down and lose sight of the goal (or shy away from any help along the way)! This is a strong community, and it'll just keep growing and getting stronger!

#12 easyco

easyco

Pop up Target

• Donator
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

- Benjamin Franklin

You can't reason with fools John. They just make you want to punch something.

#13 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 9,095 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thongs man

Chicks like thongs

tanks for update
add me to your Facebook
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/Acesian_Dehlyte

#14 WhiteKnight77

WhiteKnight77

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostNemesis, on 12 August 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Good news...but don't drop the ball. What I mean is in the past you've tried donations...they then closed....a monthly newsletter....that stopped...then you tried the store...that closed....then a kickstarter....that failed didn't meet the intended target... is this just something more that will be dropped in a few months time?!
Sorry John I know you don't need a negative post but I hope you see its a valid point....the underlying reasons & aim have always remained constant with a try anything approach but it also needs to be consistent. Posted Image
Open mouth and insert foot. As someone who has been here for quite some time, you should know how difficult it has been getting GB to the stage it is now. People are still wanting to give BFS money and you wish to point out "failings" that were not really there. Now, BFS may end up doing like other devs and publishers and wait to show us or worse, tell us anything about where the game is at. It would even make it harder for BFS to get GB out the door unless some sort of funds were to come in to keep development alive were forthcoming.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporter  GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

#15 Colin

Colin

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the Update John.
Posted Image

#16 Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Past things happened because of past reasons, we are in the present now. There is no reason not to be critical and nobody should be criticized for this, but let the past rest and see if we have a chance for a brighter future. Should history repeat though, well, that's for the future to discuss.
Posted Image

#17 BOTA:49

BOTA:49

Master Blaster

• Donator
  • 1,646 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

%#& yeah I want a t-shirt!  I bought a hat last time, and I loved it.  Unfortunately it hasn't lasted throughout the years (none of my hats ever do, I usually replace them every 3-4 months, although my GB hat lasted over a year), but the past gear was awesome enough that I'd be more than happy to buy more of it.

Team BOTA

♥-Colin

View PostSwedish_Seb, on 01 March 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And as usual, their opinions are as valid as their grammar.

#18 Tactfulgamer

Tactfulgamer

Wannabee

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for the update Jsone.

For those of us that will not be present to play the demo may you please put up some video footage with you guys (not random people) playing at least one mission professionally like a true tactical team (Methodical, Slow Paced). And please if the max coop is 6 players, then please give us 6 players in that video.

Hopefully, this in turn, should get - us the viewer REALLY excited and the more mature, cerebral fps fans watching will react off "impulse" and donate right there on the spot generated via the excitement from the well executed gameplay vid.

*Visual Imprint, Psychological Advertising*

Agreed with the commentors above, we got your back, dont take in the negative comments, your mind is needed elsewhere now :)
When you release that gameplay video I look forward to it and to imbedding it onto every forum I visit.

Edited by Tactfulgamer, 12 August 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#19 Nailbomb72

Nailbomb72

Ranger School Dropout

• Donator
  • 124 posts
  • Platform:PC and Console gamer

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

There's a bit of a difference between then and now:

Back then John and Co were working on GB in their free time. They still had to have regular full time jobs to get by. No point putting out a monthly newsletter if there isn't anything new to report. We've all been here for a long time and we know that when there has been news we get to hear it here first hand.

Now, if I recall, the recent Kickstarter and all the plans that are being put in motion now are to ramp up the development so that it can become a full time commitment and lead to a release. Obviously with the development ramping up there will be more to share in regular blogs, newsletters or whatever to get the interest of other people out there that will likley enjoy the game.

View PostJsonedecker, on 12 August 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

That would be a shame, my original BFS shirt is so well love that it can only be brought out for weddings and funerals now becasue I don't want it to fade more than it has.

#20 roELjoe

roELjoe

Ranger School Dropout

• Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Platform:Console gamer

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

I remember that John said that 95% of KS over 100.000$ dont make it, so GB is among that.
I dont play pc, but I still hope that these tactical shooters will gain ground.
So that one day one might find its way to console.......I hope Posted Image

Back to the above.......no it did not meet the target in KS, should BFS then give up?
I admit that I was a little worried when it did not came to the finish line.
So for me its great to see that John and the rest of the crew are not giving up....keep on fighting Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users