Haha, the SWAT3 / SWAT4 comparison post I made here years ago is in Burner's SWAT 3 video description
My rambling thoughts on the topic:
* The Regiment game had a basic but interesting room clearing system with its three friendly AI operatives: if the player was on the right side of the door and entered first, the operative following them in would move and clear left, then the last two guys in would respectively clear both sides. If the player was stacked on the left, the second guy in clears right etc.
Perhaps a similar system could be used for the AI in Ground Branch?
* Have a toggle between dynamic and limited entry (Israeli method) for friendly AI. Regardless of whatever method you select, your position in the stack, and also which side of the door you're on (as discussed above) dictates the area of responsibility.
* As much as I don't like having a lot of HUD elements in realistic games, not to mention that this may be very difficult to code, maybe an optional little numerical indicator of your rough position (e.g. 1, 2, 3 ) when you and your team stack up on a doorway? That way you'd know what side to go when entering a room. You could also maybe have the indicator be solid when you're roughly in a breaching position and transparent when you're not in position.
* Could we have a few preset options such as "Clear to contact" or "Clear to breach point (stairwell/locked door/doorway" ? You could additionally tie it into an overall assault/covert toggle like SWAT 3 so that if you're on assault mode, your guys move faster but louder, shout/loudly order civilians/bad guys to surrender, whereas covert mode they move slower but quietly and whisper/speak softish for compliance
LivoMember Since 10 Mar 2007
Offline Last Active Feb 20 2016 04:14 AM
- Group Member
- Active Posts 124
- Profile Views 1,405
- Member Title Ranger School Dropout
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Website URL http://